Cheap flights from Sydney to Auckland
Flight information Sydney to Auckland International
cheapest return price from Sydney to Auckland International last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Auckland International
flights a week from Sydney to Auckland International
average flight time from Sydney to Auckland International, total distance 2162 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Auckland International last month
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Auckland?
- Numerous airlines operate direct flights between Sydney and Auckland, with daily routes offered by Air New Zealand, LATAM, Jetstar, Emirates, Virgin Australia, Air Tahiti Nui, and Qantas.
- This is a short flight, but a popular one, so knowing how to search the whole month for the best flight prices will help save money. For more tips, read our how-to guide for booking last minute!
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is comfortable to transit through. It has 3 terminals, all equipped with modern amenities.
- Terminal 1 – is the International Terminal, and all flights to New Zealand will depart from here.
Terminal 1 has a large variety of restaurants and shops (including duty-free), as well as ATMs, currency exchange services, information desks, and public telephones. Transfers from Terminals 2 and 3 are via the AirTrain or the T-Bus, typically costing $6 per person, but free if you are a Qantas or Virgin Australia customer.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Auckland?
Auckland has one major airport, known as the Auckland Airport and this aviation facility is the largest in New Zealand. There are 2 terminals, one international and domestic, both with excellent facilities.
- International Terminal – all flights from Sydney are directed here.
This terminal provides access to VIP lounges, bureau de change services, public telephones, duty-free shopping, restaurants, medical aid, free WiFi, ATMs, and travel agency services. Connecting from the Domestic Terminal is via the free shuttle service.
The average cost of a taxi to Auckland central is usually 75-90NZD ($68-82), and should take about 30 minutes.
What is the weather like in Auckland?
- Auckland has cooler summers than Sydney, with days averaging 23°C, but it is usually warmer in the winter, with daily averages of about 14°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Auckland?
- Auckland is 2 hours ahead of Sydney.
Is Auckland cheaper than Sydney?
Auckland is cheaper than Sydney across the board, but if you’re on a really tight budget, read our how-to guide on experiencing this city for under $300.
- In Auckland an average meal for 2 at a typical mid-range restaurant will cost roughly 90NZD ($81).
- Buying a cappuccino in Auckland is about 4.50NZD ($4.10).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.