Cheap flights from Sydney to Brisbane
Flight information Sydney to Brisbane
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 753 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Compare cheap flights from Sydney to Brisbane
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Brisbane?
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Departing from Sydney Airport (SYD) is comfortable and simple. There are 2 domestic terminals, all with excellent amenities.
- Terminal 2 – Operates Tigerair, Jetstar, Virgin Australia flights to Brisbane.
- Terminal 3 – Is the designated terminal for Qantas.
Each terminal provides free WiFi, payphoines, information desks, ATMs, restaurants and shops.
Terminal 2 and 3 are connected via a walkway.
Transfers to Terminal 1 (international terminal) are with the AirTrain or T-Bus. A ticket costs $6, or is free-of-charge if you are a Virgin Australia or Qantas passenger.
1 hour is the standard recommended airport arrival time for a domestic flight.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- A photo-ID is needed for all domestic flights.
- If you do not have an official photo-ID, or are not an Australian national, then bring your passport.
What information do I need to know when arriving at Brisbane Airport?
Brisbane Airport (BNE) is the main airport for Queensland, and has 2 terminals - Domestic and International.
All flights from Sydney are directed to the domestic terminal.
The Domestic Terminal has shops and restaurants, and provides travellers with access to a visitor information centre, free WiFi, cash machines, payphones, and currency exchange.
Transfers to the International Terminal are free on the complimentary shuttle. Virgin Australia flyers have the option of using the AirTrain free-of-charge as well, otherwise a fare costs $5.
Hopping in a cab from Brisbane airport to the city centre will take 30 minutes and cost $30 on average.
What is the weather like in Brisbane?
Brisbane is a lot warmer than Sydney, as it has a subtropical climate.
- Summers are hot and humid, with 21-29°C, this is also the season when you will encounter the most rain.
- Spring and autumn shoulder seasons are traditionally the nicest, when the city is dry and between 15-25°C.
- Winters are also dry, and are cooler, but generally a mild 11-21°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Brisbane?
Yes, but this fluctuates. Brisbane can be on the same time zone, or an hour behind Sydney during Daylight Saving Time.
Is Brisbane cheaper than Sydney?
Brisbane is a lot cheaper than Sydney, except when it comes to dining, which trends 5% higher. But for everything else you will save money.
- A meal for 2 in a mid-range restaurant will total a bill of about $80.
- A regular cappuccino in Brisbane should cost about $4.25.
Good to know in Brisbane
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2018.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.