Cheap flights from Brisbane to Melbourne
Flight information Brisbane to Melbourne
cheapest return price from Brisbane to Melbourne last month
airlines fly direct from Brisbane to Melbourne
flights a week from Brisbane to Melbourne
average flight time from Brisbane to Melbourne, total distance 1400 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Brisbane to Melbourne last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Brisbane to Melbourne?
- Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar and Tigerair offer almost 40 direct flights from Brisbane to Melbourne.
- Use our helpful guide on how to save money when booking last minute if you are in a rush to secure your tickets.
How easy is it to depart from Brisbane Airport?
Flying from Brisbane Airport (BNE) is very easy, as this is the largest airport in Queensland, with 2 terminals.
- Domestic Terminal – All flights to Melbourne leave from this terminal.
This terminal has information desks, VIP lounges, restaurants, shops, ATMs, payphones, and free WiFi. Transfers from the International Terminal can be done via the complimentary shuttle or the AirTrain. The AirTrain costs $5 for a single-fare, or is free for Virgin Australia customers.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Brisbane Airport?
- You must bring a valid photo-ID to board a domestic flight.
- Please carry your passport if you are not an Australian resident or national.
What information do I need to know when arriving in Melbourne?
There are 3 airports in Melbourne, but direct flights will only fly to the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. This airport has 4 terminals in total.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights will fly into this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights will fly into this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar and Tigerair routes fly to this terminal.
Each domestic terminal supplies free WiFi access, shopping and dining options, information counters, lounges, cash machines, and payphones. All terminals are within walking distance, though there are transfers available for disabled travellers.
A typical taxi journey to central Melbourne will cost $60, and take 30-40 minutes.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- Melbourne has a cooler, slightly drier climate than Brisbane. Winters average between 6-14°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Brisbane?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST), over the summer, Melbourne is 1 hour ahead of Brisbane. During Standard Time (ST) Melbourne is in the same time zone as Brisbane.
Is Melbourne cheaper than Brisbane?
No, Melbourne is more expensive over most costs, except when it comes to dining and drinking, which trend cheaper than in Brisbane.
- Dining at mid-range restaurant for 2 costs about $80 in Melbourne.
- Purchasing a cappuccino in Melbourne costs $3.90.
Good to know in Melbourne
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.