What can I do in Auckland?
Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city, and this cosmopolitan town has plenty to offer its visitors. Head to the observation deck of Sky Tower, and view the spectacular harbours that sandwich this city on both sides.
Duck into the museums and galleries of this fantastic city, and then book a trip out to the stunning Waiheke Island, which is both a nature reserve and a famous wine growing region. Read more about what to do in Auckland, and about the highlights of New Zealand’s beautiful North Island on Skyscanner’s news site.
What airlines fly to Auckland?
- Airlines that fly to Auckland from Australia include Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates, LATAM, and Air Tahiti Nui.
When is the best time to book?
- Auckland flights should be booked around 25 weeks in advance for a chance at the lowest prices. However, we have a guide on how to book last minute flights if you do not have much notice before you need to fly.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australians do not need a visa to travel to New Zealand. For more information, please visit the Smart Traveller page on New Zealand.
How long is the flight to Auckland?
- Adelaide to Auckland – 4 hours
- Brisbane to Auckland – 3 hours
- Melbourne to Auckland – 3.5 hours
- Perth to Auckland – 6 hours
- Sydney to Auckland – 3 hours
When is the best time to visit Auckland?
- Summers are the best time to visit this city, when the days average 23°C.
What are the average costs in Auckland?
- A cappuccino in Auckland costs approximately 4.50NZD ($4).
- The currency is in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Auckland Airport is the primary airport for Auckland, and the largest hub in New Zealand. Facilities include bureau de change services, ATMs, duty-free shops, restaurants, and free WiFi.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi from the airport into Auckland central costs around 65-77NZD ($58-67).
Any useful tips?
- There’s a red ‘city circuit’ bus, which is a free hop-on and hop-off service that runs a route around the city centre every 10 minutes.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2019
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Auckland International
Frequently asked questions
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.