Cheap flights from Sydney to London
Flight information Sydney to London
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 17005 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted and London Luton
Which airlines fly from Sydney to London?
- There are numerous connecting flights to London departing daily from Sydney. Airlines include Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Qatar Airways, and many more.
- As this is a long-haul flight, it is advisable to book in advance, but if you don’t have time, then check out our guide on how to save money when booking last minute flights.
How to find cheap business class flights?Looking for cheap business class tickets (to any destination) or want to score an upgrade to first class? How to find cheap business flights
Stopovers from Australia to Europe can really make your trip Plan stopovers: Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport has 3 terminals, all with excellent amenities, making it a comfortable airport to transit through.
- Terminal 1 – is the International Terminal, London flights depart from here.
Terminal 1 has a large selection of shops and restaurants, as well as free WiFi, postal services, information desks, medical services, and ATMs. If you need to transfer to Terminals 2 or 3, you can take the AirTrain or T-Bus for a fare of $6. This fee is waived if you fly with Virgin Australia, or Qantas.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is three hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know when arriving in London?
- Heathrow Airport – has four operating international terminals.
- London Gatwick Airport – has a South Terminal and a North Terminal, both international.
- London City Airport – has one main terminal building.
All terminals at the London airports have free WiFi, ATMs, information desks, lots of restaurants, duty-free shopping, and information desks. Heathrow Airport, and Gatwick Airport provide transfers between their terminals via trains and shuttles.
The average cost of a taxi to the city central is around 25-30GBP ($40-49) from London City Airport, and between 80-110GBP ($130-180) from London Gatwick and London Heathrow.
What is the weather like in London?
- London is a lot cooler than Sydney, with summer temperatures averaging 20°C and winter ones averaging 4°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and London?
- London is 10 hours behind Sydney.
Is London cheaper than Sydney?
London and Sydney have similar living costs, with consumer prices being lower in London, but restaurant prices higher. If you’ve never been to London, it’s worth reading our guide on how to make the most of your time in this exciting city.
- An average meal for 2 at a mid-range restaurant in London will cost around 55GBP ($90).
- A cappuccino in London will cost around 2.60GBP ($4.30).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of August 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.