Cheap flights from Melbourne to Auckland
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Auckland...
- Sat 14 MarMELAKLAir New ZealandDirectOne way from $130
- Tue 24 MarMELAKLAir New ZealandDirectOne way from $130
- Sat 21 MarMELAKLJetstarDirectOne way from $147
Direct flights to Auckland International
Want to fly non-stop to Auckland International? We’ll help you find your ideal route.
- AVERAGE FLIGHT TIME3h 36min
- CHEAPEST DIRECT RETURN$196
- AVERAGE FLIGHTS PER WEEK389
Flight information Melbourne to Auckland International
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2647 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Auckland?
- Air New Zealand, Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates, and Virgin Australia fly regular and non-stop routes from Melbourne to Auckland.
- Scoring the right price on an international flight may only be a matter of searching across a whole month for fares instead of one set of dates.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports, but the only one offering routes to Auckland is the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. This is an excellent and well-equipped airport and easy to transit through.
- Terminal 2 – functions as the international terminal for the airport. Flights to Auckland depart from here.
Terminal 2 has lots of amenities, including duty-free shops, VIP lounges, restaurants, coffee kiosks, bars, ATMS, bureau de change services, and free WiFi. The other terminals are all within walking distance.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Auckland?
Auckland Airport is New Zealand’s busiest airport, serving its largest city. There are 2 terminals in total, with 1 international and 1 domestic.
- International Terminal – all flights from Melbourne will fly into this terminal.
The international terminal has currency exchange booths, cash machines, duty-free shops, restaurants, bars, payphones, a travel agency, and free WiFi. Links to the domestic terminal are provided by a free shuttle service.
Taking a taxi into central Auckland will take around 30 minutes, and cost 75-90NZD ($68-82).
What is the weather like in Auckland?
- Auckland is cooler than Melbourne, with the summer months averaging about 23°C, and the winter ones averaging 14°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Auckland?
- Auckland is 2 hours ahead of Melbourne.
Is Auckland cheaper than Melbourne?
Auckland and Melbourne cost roughly the same as one another. However, if you’re on a budget, you should read our guide on how to see the best of this city for under $300.
- Dining for 2 in Auckland at a mid-range restaurant is typically around 90NZD ($81).
- Picking up a cappuccino in Auckland will cost about 4.50NZD ($4.10).
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.