Flight search is easier on the app.
What can I do in Sydney?
Sydney is the iconic city of Australia, recognisable immediately around the world thanks to the Darling Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. Tour the central city and enjoy the restaurants, the bars, and the live music, comedy and theatre to be found here.
The slap on some sunscreen and explore the beaches of Sydney, from Bondi to Coogee, and then up to the less-known beaches of the North Shore. Read Skyscanner’s guide on the best beaches in Sydney.
Outside of the beaches and the city, you can explore the trendy suburbs that are filled with boutiques, coffee houses, and historic buildings. Or discover the more hidden charms of this city by getting to know this city like a local, with Skyscanner’s five insider tips on Secret Sydney.
What airlines fly to Sydney?
- Numerous airlines fly to Sydney, including Jetstar, Qantas, Virgin Australia, Thai Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Regional Express (REX), Air China, AirAsia X, Cathay Pacific, Air New Zealand, and many more.
When is the best time to book?
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian passport holders do not need a visa. If you are not a resident or citizen, then we recommend that you visit the Australian Embassy website for information on entry requirements.
How long is the flight?
- Nonstop flights from Brisbane, Melbourne, or Adelaide take about 1-2 hours. From Darwin or Perth, around 4 hours.
When is the best time to visit Sydney?
- The shoulder seasons September to November, and March to May mean low prices, smaller crowds, and pleasant temperatures of 14-23°
What are the average costs in Sydney?
- Buying a cappuccino in Sydney will cost $3.90.
- The currency is in Australian Dollars (AUD).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Sydney Airport is the busiest airport in Australia. It has 3 modern terminals, all of which provide travellers with access to VIP lounges, ATMs, shops, restaurants, information desks, charging points, and information desks.
How to get from the airport to Sydney?
- Trains, buses, and shuttle services link Sydney Airport to the CBD.
- A taxi to Sydney’s city centre will cost you $45 and take 30 minutes.
Any useful tips?
- Tipping is not expected, but gratefully received. The standard rate at restaurants if you choose to tip is 10%.