Cheap flights from Sydney to Kathmandu
Flight information Sydney to Kathmandu
cheapest return price from Sydney to Kathmandu last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Kathmandu
average flight time from Sydney to Kathmandu, total distance 9754 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Kathmandu last month
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Kathmandu?
- There are no direct flights, but connecting flight to Kathmandu are operated by Virgin Australia, Etihad Airways, AirAsia X, China Southern, Malaysia Airlines, China Eastern and Cathay Pacific.
- Read our tips on how to find the best flight deal before you look to book, and you will be able to use all our handy tools and filters to find the best flights for your needs.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport functions as the primary hub for New South Wales, and the city of Sydney. There are 3 terminals at this airport.
- Terminal 1 – handles flights to Kathmandu.
Featured amenities at T1 are cash machines, foreign exchange services, premier lounges, free WiFi, information desks, charging portals, duty-free shops, and restaurants. T-Bus and AirTrain services can link you to the other terminals for $6. These transfers are free-of-charge if you fly with Qantas or Virgin Australia.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Kathmandu?
The Tribhuvan International Airport is the only major international airport in Nepal, and it is situated in the city of Kathmandu. This airport has 2 terminals in one main building.
- International Terminal – flights from Australia are directed into this terminal.
Amenities at this airport include several premier lounges, free WiFi, cash machines, currency exchange services, duty-free outlets, food concessions, an information desk, medical services, a pharmacy, and public telephones.
What is the weather like in Kathmandu?
- Summers can range over an average of 23-25°C, whilst the winter season in Kathmandu is usually between 9 and 12°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Kathmandu?
- Kathmandu is 4 hours and 15 minutes behind Sydney during Standard Time (ST), and 5 hours and 15 minutes behind Sydney during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Kathmandu cheaper than Sydney?
Yes, far cheaper. Kathmandu’s averages costs are 60-90% lower than Sydney’s. Many people utilise those savings and put them towards a hiking trip in Nepal. Read Skyscanner’s guide on trekking in Nepal for more information.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.