Cheap flights from Melbourne to London
Flight information Melbourne to London
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 16896 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Luton and others
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to London?
- There are daily flights from Melbourne to London, operated by Qatar Airways, China Southern, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Emirates, Thai Airways, and Singapore Airlines.
- This is a long-haul flight, and knowing when to reserve your flights can help save you money. Check out our helpful guide on when to book flights.
Booking cheap business class flights from Melbourne to London or other destinations in Europe? How to find cheap business flights Stopovers from Australia to Europe can really make your trip Plan stopovers: Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne Airport?
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport has 3 terminals in total, with lots of amenities.
- Terminal 2 – Operates all international flights.
Terminal 2 has a large duty-free shopping area, gift shops, restaurants, a medical centre, ATMs, tourist agencies, and bureau de change services. Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are within the same building, and Terminal 4 is adjacent to the main building.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is three hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know when arriving in London?
- London Gatwick Airport – There is a North Terminal and a South Terminal, both of which welcome international flights.
- Heathrow Airport – There are four operating international terminals.
- London City Airport – There is one main terminal building.
All 3 airports have well-equipped terminals with cash machines, duty-free shopping, information desks, eateries, and free WiFi. Transfers between terminals are available at Heathrow Airport and Gatwick Airport via trains and shuttles.
The average cost of a taxi to central London is approximately 25-30GBP ($40-49) from London City Airport, and around 80-110GBP ($130-180) from London Heathrow and London Gatwick.
What is the weather like in London?
- London is colder than Melbourne, with summer days averaging 20°C and winter ones at 4°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and London?
- London is 10 hours behind Melbourne.
Is London cheaper than Melbourne?
London is more expensive than Melbourne across most costs, except for grocery shopping. Check out the best London has to offer with our handy travel guide.
- An average meal for 2 at a mid-range restaurant in London will cost around 55GBP ($90).
- A cappuccino in London will cost around 2.60GBP ($4.30).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of August 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.