Cheap flights from Brisbane to Sydney
Flight information Brisbane to Sydney
cheapest return price from Brisbane to Sydney last month
airlines fly direct from Brisbane to Sydney
flights a week from Brisbane to Sydney
average flight time from Brisbane to Sydney, total distance 753 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Brisbane to Sydney last month
Which airlines fly from Brisbane to Sydney?
- Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Qantas, and Tigerair fly more than 40 times a day directly from Brisbane to Sydney.
- We have a dedicated advice page for our users that want to learn some hacks for how to search for the best-priced flights available.
How easy is it to depart from Brisbane Airport?
Departing from Brisbane Airport (BNE) is simple. The facility consists of two easily navigable terminals.
- Domestic Terminal – All flights leaving for Sydney depart from here.
The Domestic Terminal is equipped with executive lounges, shops, bars, restaurants, information points, cash machines, public telephones, and free WiFi. The courtesy shuttle bus services transfers between the International Terminal and the Domestic. There is also an AirTrain that is free for Virgin Australia customers, or $5 for a one-way fare.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Brisbane Airport?
- You must bring a valid photo-ID to board a domestic flight.
- You will need to bring your passport if you do not have another form of photo-ID.
What information do I need to know when arriving at Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the largest airport in Australia, with comprehensive facilities across its 3 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – Serves Virgin Australia, Tigerair, or Jetstar flights.
- Terminal 3 – Serves Qantas flights.
T2 and T3 offer access to information points, showers, currency exchange counters, payphones, airline lounges, ATMs, a large selection of shops, restaurants and bars, and free WiFi. A walkway connects T2 and T3. Transfers to Terminal 1, the International Terminal, are via the T-Bus or AirTrain services. Both charge a fee of $6 unless you are flying with Virgin Australia or Qantas.
There is a taxi rank outside of Sydney Airport, and a fare to downtown will cost $45-55. A typical journey takes 20 minutes.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney isn’t as hot or as humid as Brisbane, however, you can expect pleasant summers of 20-27°C, and wet and cool winters of 8-10°C.
Is there a time difference between Brisbane and Sydney?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST), Sydney is an hour ahead of Brisbane. During Standard Time (ST), Sydney is in the same time zone as Brisbane
Is Sydney more expensive than Brisbane?
Sydney is definitely more expensive when it comes to living costs, but dining is almost 5% lower. Otherwise, there are guides and tips on how to look for bargains when sightseeing and shopping in Sydney.
- Expect a meal for 2 at a mid-range restaurant to come to $80 in Sydney
- A cappuccino in Sydney city typically costs $3.80.
Things to see in Sydney
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.