Cheap flights from Melbourne to Sydney
Flight information Melbourne to Sydney
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Sydney last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Sydney
flights a week from Melbourne to Sydney
average flight time from Melbourne to Sydney, total distance 722 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Sydney last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Sydney?
- Qantas, Tigerair, Jetstar, and Virgin Australia fly 70 direct flights from Melbourne to Sydney.
- Competition is high on this route, stay on top of your budget with the price alert tool, which will inform you when prices rise or dip.
Which airport do I fly out of from Melbourne?
There are 3 airports in Melbourne, but all direct flights depart from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. This airport has 4 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights to Sydney operate out of this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights will depart from this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar and Tigerair will run out of this terminal.
Each domestic departure terminal is equipped with ATMs, plus dining and shopping options. There are also lounges, and free WiFi available to passengers. All terminals are accessible on foot. Transfer services are available for disabled travellers. Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart for Melbourne Airport?
- Photo-ID is required for all domestic air travel.
- Please carry your passport if you are not an Australian citizen or resident.
What information do I need to know when arriving at Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive aviation hub. Sydney Airport has 3 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – Is for travellers arriving on Virgin Australia, Jetstar or Tigerair flights.
- Terminal 3 – Is reserved for Qantas.
The domestic terminals in Sydney have free WiFi and internet kiosks, information desks, airline lounges, showers, ATMs, a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars, currency exchange, and public telephones. Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 are connected via a walkway. Transfer to the International Terminal is available by T-Bus or the AirTrain for $6, or free if you are flying with Qantas or Virgin Australia.
Taxis are stationed outside each terminal of Sydney Airport. Travel to the city will cost $45-55 and take you 20 minutes.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney is warmer than Melbourne by 2-5°C. Expect warm and pleasant summers and rainy but mild winters.
Is there a time difference between these two cities?
- No. Sydney and Melbourne are both in the same time zone.
Is Sydney more expensive than Melbourne?
Sydney is more expensive to live in, however dining, consumer prices, and events are all comparable to Melbourne.
- An average meal for 2 at a mid-range restaurant will cost around $80 in Sydney.
- A cappuccino in Sydney will cost around $3.80.
What to do and see in Sydney
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.