Cheap flights from Melbourne to Gold Coast
Flight information Melbourne to Gold Coast
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1345 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to the Gold Coast?
- Qantas, Jetstar, Tigerair, and Virgin Australia fly direct and daily routes from Melbourne to the Gold Coast.
- Set up a price alert to stay on top of fare trends, and snap up a flight when the price is right.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
- Melbourne Tullamarine Airport – Terminals 1, 3 and 4 function as the main domestic terminals.
- Avalon Airport – Is a single terminal airport.
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport has more amenities, but both airports offer free WiFi, ATMs, restaurants, shops and information desks. Transferring terminals at the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is easy, as all terminals are within walking distance.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving to the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast Airport is the main airport for the Gold Coast, and is a single terminal facility.
- Main Terminal – all flights come into this terminal.
The Gold Coast Airport provides its travellers with free WiFi, restaurants, shops, cash machines, bureau de change, information desks, and executive lounges.
Taking a taxi to the popular Surfer’s Paradise costs $30-60 depending on the traffic.
What is the weather like on the Gold Coast?
- The Gold Coast is always warm, with temperate winters of 12-20°C, and hot summers of 22-30°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and the Gold Coast?
- The Gold Coast and Melbourne are in the same time zone during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) the Gold Coast is an hour behind Melbourne.
Is the Gold Coast cheaper than Melbourne?
The Gold Coast is in general about 10% cheaper than Melbourne across all costs. Saving money on dining, shopping, and renting will help you pay for entry to the fun and fantastical theme parks of the Gold Coast.
- Eating out at a restaurant on the Gold Coast for 2 will cost you about $70.
- Buying a cappuccino on the Gold Coast will cost you $4.50.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.