Cheap flights from Sydney to the Gold Coast
Flight information Sydney to Gold Coast
cheapest return price from Sydney to Gold Coast last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Gold Coast
flights a week from Sydney to Gold Coast
average flight time from Sydney to Gold Coast, total distance 677 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Gold Coast last month
Which airlines fly from Sydney to the Gold Coast?
- Jetstar, Tigerair, Qantas, and Virgin Australia offer daily non-stop flights to the Gold Coast from Sydney.
- Flying to the Gold Coast is competitive, but it is still worthwhile settin up a price alert for this route so you can book a flight when the fares are at their cheapest.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is an important hub for Australia, and offers lots of domestic routes to the Gold Coast. There are 3 terminals at this airport.
- Terminals 2 and 3 – function as the domestic terminals.
Terminals 2 and 3 provide passengers with access to eateries, shops, free WiFi, cash machines, information desks, and VIP lounges. For connections to the international terminal, you can take the T-Bus or the AirTrain. These are free-of-charge if you are flying with Qantas or Virgin Australia, or $6 if you are not.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving to the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast Airport is the primary hub for the southern coastline of Queensland. This is an easy and relaxed airport to transit through, with 1 terminal.
- Main Terminal – all flights are directed to this terminal.
The Gold Coast Airport has VIP lounges, free WiFi, restaurants, shops, ATMs, currency exchange services, and information desks that you can make use of.
A taxi to the popular Surfer’s Paradise from the Gold Coast Airport can be between $30-60 depending on the traffic.
What is the weather like on the Gold Coast?
- The weather of the Gold Coast is warm throughout the year, with summers of about 22-30°C, and mild winters of 12-20°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and the Gold Coast?
- The Gold Coast and Sydney are on the same time zone during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) the Gold Coast is an hour behind Sydney.
Is the Gold Coast cheaper than Sydney?
Yes, the Gold Coast is a lot cheaper than Sydney on average. You can utilise those savings, and splurge when visiting the famous theme parks of the Gold Coast.
- Dining on the Gold Coast at a mid-range restaurant for 2 persons will cost you an average of $70.
- A cappuccino in a Gold Coast café is typically $4.50.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.