Cheap Flights from Perth to Melbourne
Flight information Perth to Melbourne
cheapest return price from Perth to Melbourne last month
airlines fly direct from Perth to Melbourne
flights a week from Perth to Melbourne
average flight time from Perth to Melbourne, total distance 2695 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Perth to Melbourne last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Perth to Melbourne?
- Tigerair, Virgin Australia, Jetstar, and Qantas fly from Perth to Melbourne with 14 direct daily flights.
- When booking your flights, you can search the whole month for deals. Read our helpful guide on how to search for cheap flights across a month.
How easy is it to depart from Perth Airport?
Perth Airport is an easy transit point, being the largest airport in Western Australia. It is a 4 terminal facility.
- Terminal 2 – Virgin Australia and Tigerair flights to Sydney depart from here.
- Terminal 3 – Jetstar flights Sydney depart from here.
- Terminal 4 – Qantas flights to Sydney depart from here.
The domestic terminals at Perth Airport all have ATMs, dining options, coffee kiosks, free WiFi, information points, shops, and public telephones. T3 and T4 are connected to one another, transfers to T2 or International T1 are provided by a free shuttle service run by the airport. Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Perth Airport?
- You must bring a photo-ID with you to board a domestic flight.
- Bring your passport if you are not an Australian resident or citizen.
What information do I need to know when arriving in Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports altogether, but all direct routes fly to the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. This airport has 4 terminals in total.
- Terminal 1 – Flights on Qantas fly into this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Flights on Virgin Australia will come into this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Tigerair and Jetstar flights arrive in Terminal 4.
Terminals 1, 3, and 4 have ATMs, payphones, information points, shops, restaurants, free WiFi, and airline lounges. The terminals can be walked to, but for disabled travellers transfers will be available.
A taxi fare to Melbourne’s CBD is $60, and will take between 30 and 40 minutes.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- Melbourne is not as dry as Perth, but they have similar temperatures throughout the year with Melbourne slightly colder in winter.
Is there a time difference between Perth and Melbourne?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST) over the summer months, Melbourne is 3 hours ahead of Perth. During Standard Time (ST) Melbourne is 2 hours ahead of Perth.
Is Melbourne cheaper than Perth?
Melbourne is cheaper than Perth across all costs except renting. Dining in particular is cheaper in this city.
- Dining at a mid-range restaurant for 2 costs $80 in Melbourne.
- Your morning cappuccino will cost $3.90.
Good to know in Melbourne
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.