Cheap flights to Thailand
Flights to Thailand
What can I do in Thailand?
Explore Thailand’s cities, by visiting the sites of Bangkok, like the Imperial Palace and the Golden temple. Then travel to Chiang Mai, and see the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, for more traditional insight into the country. Read Skyscanner’s guide on the top 10 things to do in Thailand.
Find sun and sand on Thai islands with some of the most picture-perfect beaches on earth, book trips to Phi Phi and Phuket in the west. Or go to the eastern islands, such as Koh Phangan or Koh Tao.
What airlines fly to Thailand?
- Numerous airlines fly to Thailand, and these include Thai Airways, Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines, Etihad Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Air New Zealand, Bangkok Airways, Air China, British Airways, and Emirates.
When is the best time to book?
- The best time to book flights to Thailand is 18 weeks ahead of time. If you can’t book that early, then reading our last minute booking guide can help you navigate to cheap fares.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian passport holders are able to enter Thailand for 30 days without a visa. For up-to-date information, please go to the Smart Traveller’s page on Thailand.
When is the best time to visit Thailand?
- November to March is the best time of year to visit Thailand, as the monsoon season has finished, and average temperatures across the country are 20-30°
What are the average costs in Thailand?
- Buying a cappuccino in Thailand costs 75THB ($2.90).
- The currency is in Thai Baht (THB).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) is the premier international airport for Thailand. With 1 terminal that features ATMs, free WiFi, shops, restaurants, and currency exchange.
- Phuket International Airport (HKT) is the second airport providing direct connections from Australia. This 2 terminal airport has WiFi, restaurants, bureau de change counters, shops and ATMs.
How long is the flight to Bangkok?
- Adelaide to Bangkok – 10 hours
- Brisbane to Bangkok – 9 hours
- Melbourne to Bangkok – 9.5 hours
- Perth to Bangkok – 7 hours
- Sydney to Bangkok – 9.5 hours
How to get from the airport into town?
- From Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport you can take a taxi for 300-350THB ($11-14) into town.
- From Phuket International Airport, a taxi to Phuket town costs 500THB ($19).
- You can find public transportation options available from both airports.
Any useful tips?
- Carry come mosquito repellent with you, with at least 50% DEET in it.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.