Cheap flights from Sydney to Bangkok
Flight information Sydney to Bangkok
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 7537 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Bangkok?
- Multiple airlines fly non-stop flights to Bangkok from Sydney, these include Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways, Emirates, and Qantas. Flights depart daily.
- As this is a long-haul flight, you should consider booking as far in advance as you can, or read our tips on how to find the best flight deals, so you can save of those hard earned dollars.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Pretty easy, Sydney Airport provides access to excellent travel facilities throughout its 3 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – is Sydney’s international terminal, and flights to Bangkok depart from this terminal.
Terminal 1 has duty-free shops, lots of restaurants, information points, bureau de change counters, and free WiFi. Transferring from the domestic terminals are via the AirTrain or T-Bus services, both of which cost $6 one-way, or free-of-charge if you have flown in with Virgin Australia or Qantas.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Bangkok?
Bangkok has two major airports, the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and the Don Mueang Airport. The Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is the primary facility for international flights, and the only one that offers a direct link to Sydney. The Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport has 1 large terminal.
- Main Terminal – all flights from Sydney are directed to this terminal.
The large, modern terminal has currency exchange counters, full-service banks, ATMS, free WiFi, lots of restaurants, duty-free shops, public telephones, and a spa.
Typically, the cost of a taxi from the airport into central Bangkok costs about 300-350THB ($11-13).
What is the weather like in Bangkok?
- Bangkok is warmer than Sydney, and has a tropical climate that hovers at 30°C all year. Be aware, May to October is the monsoon season.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Bangkok?
- Bangkok is 3 hours behind Sydney during Daylight Savings Time (DST), and then 4 hours behind it during Standard Time (ST).
Is Bangkok cheaper than Sydney?
- A three-course meal for 2 people is 700THB ($26) in Bangkok’s mid-range restaurants.
- Enjoy an iced cappuccino in this warm city for around 71THB ($2.70).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.