Book cheap flights now from Darwin to Melbourne Tullamarine
Flight information Darwin to Melbourne Tullamarine
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 3135 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Melbourne Tullamarine and Melbourne Essendon
Direct flights from Darwin to Melbourne
Non-stop flights from Darwin to Melbourne are available on Jetstar, Virgin Australia, and Qantas, and there are routes that depart every day of the week. Signing up to price alerts can help you save money on your flights, as we will inform you of any changes to rates along this route.
Darwin Airport (DRW) information
• Darwin Airport (DRW) is the key airport for the city of Darwin, and the largest aviation facility in the Northern Territory. This airport has eight eateries, including fast food and coffee kiosks, as well as gift shops and newsagencies. There are VIP lounges, plus ATMs, free WiFi, and currency exchange services should you need them.
• This airport is a single terminal building.
• Be prepared to carry some form of official identification. Please note, this must have a photographic ID.
• There should be a space of at least 45-60 minutes between you checking in and your flight’s departure.
Melbourne Airports (MELA) information
• The Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL) functions as the primary airport for the city of Melbourne, though both Essendon Airport (MEB) and Avalon Airport (AVV) also offer some domestic routes (be aware these are subject to layovers). However, you will likely fly into Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL), and you will find that this airport has excellent facilities, with free WiFi, banks, ATMs, restaurants, and tons of shops you can browse.
• Expect to arrive in Terminals 1, 3, or 4 of the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
Time difference from Darwin to Melbourne
• As the Northern Territory does not follow Daylight Savings Time, you’ll find that depending on the time of year, Melbourne is either 30 minutes or 90 minutes ahead of Darwin.
• Melbourne is much drier and cooler than Darwin, and on the whole more temperate. The summers are around 25-30°C daily, whilst the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn are roughly 11-23°C. Prepare for much colder winters though, with days sometimes falling as low as 6°C.
Expect to pay
• Australian Dollars (AUD).
• Melbourne is cheaper than Darwin across almost all living, dining, and shopping costs.
• Sit back with your morning cappuccino for $4.
Transportation to city centre
• For $55-60 you can get into the CBD via taxi, though you can arrange cheaper airport transfers with our search tools.
• Our car hire search filters can also help you rent a car in advance if you’d prefer full mobility for the duration of your stay.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of May 2017.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.