Cheap flights from Darwin to Melbourne
Flight information Darwin to Melbourne
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 3144 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Darwin to Melbourne?
- Qantas, Virgin Australia, and Jetstar are the airlines offering direct flights to Melbourne from Darwin.
- Save money by reading our best time to book how-to guide. This will give you tips on the cheapest times of year to find flights to Melbourne, and how to optimize your search parameters.
How easy is it to depart from Darwin?
Darwin has one major aviation hub, and this is the Darwin Airport. This is a single terminal facility, so convenient to transit through.
- Main Terminal – all domestic flights to Melbourne will depart from here.
Travellers can access multiple airline lounges, free WiFi, ATMs, retail shops, souvenir stores, restaurants, mobile charging stations, and information desks.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Darwin?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Melbourne?
Though Melbourne has 3 airports, the only one that welcomes direct routes from Darwin is the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. This is the largest airport in the city, with 4 modern terminals.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar flights depart arrive in this terminal.
All of the domestic terminals offer access to cash machines, coffee kiosks, restaurants, shops, information desks, free WiFi, and a pet hotel. The terminals can be accessed on foot.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- The city of Melbourne averages 30°C in the summer, and 6-14°C in the winter.
Is there a time difference between Darwin and Melbourne?
- Melbourne is 30 minutes ahead of Darwin during Standard Time (ST), and 1.5 hours ahead of Darwin during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is the Melbourne cheaper than Darwin?
Melbourne is cheaper than Darwin, but only by 5-15%. Your dining and drinking expenses will be the lowest in comparison, and you can hop around the city’s best bars, by reading our guide on the 10 best bars in Melbourne.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.