Cheap flights from Melbourne to Cairns
Flight information Melbourne to Cairns
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2331 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Cairns?
- Jetstar, Tigerair, Virgin Australia and Qantas, offer daily, nonstop flights to Cairns from Melbourne.
- A price alert can be useful on this popular route, as we can notify you when prices go up or down, and you can snap up a bargain immediately.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Melbourne to Cairns?
The city of Melbourne has 3 operating airport, but only Melbourne Tullamarine Airport offers direct flights to Cairns.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights from Melbourne to Cairns depart from T1.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights from Melbourne to Cairns depart from T3.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar and Tigerair flights from Melbourne to Cairns depart from T4.
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport’s terminals feature lots of amenities. You will find free WiFi, shops, information desks, charging points, restaurants, and ATMs. All terminals are walkable.
Arrive at Melbourne Airport at least 1 hour before your flight to Cairns is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from Melbourne to Cairns?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware that if you’re not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What is Cairns Airport like?
Cairns Airport is a small airport but well designed, with good services. It has 2 terminals, one international, one domestic.
- Domestic Terminal – all flights from Melbourne to Cairns will arrive in this terminal.
The domestic terminal offers several food outlets, several shops, and an information desk, free WiFi, and an ATM.
What is the weather like in Cairns?
- Cairns is warm all year round, with humid summers between 23-32°C, warm shoulder seasons between 21-29°C, and pleasant winters of 17-26°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Cairns?
- Melbourne and Cairns are in the same time zone during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Cairns is 1 hour behind Melbourne.
Is Cairns cheaper than Melbourne?
Cairns is a bit cheaper than Melbourne, which helps, especially if you’re planning to spend money on all the amazing things you can do on a Cairns holiday. Save even more money by booking cheap Cairns accommodation, which you can search for and book using our hotel comparison tool.
What about return flights from Cairns to Melbourne?
Looking for return flights? Press Return on our search page for the cheapest flights available from Cairns to Melbourne, or go to our Cairns to Melbourne route page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.