Cheap flights from Melbourne to Cairns
Flight information Melbourne to Cairns
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Cairns last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Cairns
flights a week from Melbourne to Cairns
average flight time from Melbourne to Cairns, total distance 2331 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Cairns last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Cairns?
- Qantas, Virgin Australia, Tigerair, and Jetstar run nonstop flights to Cairns, and you’ll find routes depart daily.
- Try searching a whole month for cheap fares, and you may spot a bargain on an unexpected date.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports in total, but only the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport operates direct routes to Cairns.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights depart from this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights depart from here.
- Terminal 4 – Tigerair and Jetstar flights depart from here.
All of the domestic terminals have ATMs, charging outlets, restaurants, VIP lounges, free WiFi, bars, and information desks. You can simply walk between all the terminals.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving at Cairns Airport?
Cairns Airport is the primary gateway for travellers hoping to see UNESCO-listed attractions, such as the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. There are 2 terminals at this airport.
- Domestic Terminal (T2) – Flights from Melbourne are directed to this terminal.
The Domestic Terminal provides travellers with access to WiFi, cash machines, executive lounges, as well as a few dining and shopping outlets. The 2 terminals are linked via a walkway.
What is the weather like in Cairns?
- Cairns at around 29°C annually, making it warmer than Melbourne in general. Winter is the best time of year to visit, when the days are at their driest, and between 18-26°
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Cairns?
- During Standard Time (ST) Melbourne and Cairns are on the same timezone, but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Cairns is 1 hour behind Melbourne.
Is Cairns cheaper than Melbourne?
Cairns is cheaper than Melbourne, but most especially when it comes to accommodation. Dining and shopping prices are fairly comparable. To learn how to save money in this city, check out our budget guide on Cairns.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.