Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Sydney
Flight information Adelaide to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1165 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Adelaide to Sydney?
- Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, and Tigerair fly from Adelaide to Sydney.
- Read our guide page on the best time to book domestic flights so you can save as much money as possible.
How easy is it to depart from Adelaide Airport?
Adelaide Airport is a single terminal airport, and a convenient hub to depart from. It is the main airport for both South Australia and the city of Adelaide.
- Main Terminal – All flights depart from this terminal.
The main terminal has ATMs, a post office, lounges, internet kiosks, restaurants, snack bars, a pharmacy, and free WiFi. Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Adelaide Airport?
- You will need a current photographic ID.
- You may need to travel with your passport if you are not an Australian resident or national.
What information do I need to know when arriving at Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the busiest airport in the country, offering comprehensive services in each of its 3 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – Serves flights operated by Virgin Australia, Tigerair, or Jetstar.
- Terminal 3 – Serves flights operated by Qantas.
Terminals 2 and 3 are well-equipped; with cash machines, public telephones, free WiFi, information desks, shops, currency exchange, airline lounges, and restaurants. There is a walkway that connects Terminals 2 and 3.Transfers to T1 are via the AirTrain or T-Bus and a ticket fare costs $6. This is waived if you are a Virgin Australia or a Qantas customer.
A taxi fare to downtown Sydney will cost approximately $45-55 and take 20 minutes.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- On average Sydney is a little cooler than Adelaide, but only by 1-2 degrees.
Is there a time difference between these two cities?
- Yes. Sydney is 30 minutes ahead of Adelaide.
Is Sydney more expensive than Adelaide?Sydney is more expensive than Adelaide, across all costs except dining, where you should save about 3% on average.
- Dinner for 2 at a typical mid-size restaurant costs $80 in Sydney.
- In Sydney you can buy a cappuccino for $3.80.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of July 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.