Cheap flights from Melbourne to Hobart
Flight information Melbourne to Hobart
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Hobart last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Hobart
flights a week from Melbourne to Hobart
average flight time from Melbourne to Hobart, total distance 605 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Hobart last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Hobart?
- Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar, and Tigerair offer direct flights to Hobart, with the first three offering daily routes.
- Try our calendar tool to find the cheapest flights available over the weeks of the month, instead of specific dates.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
- Melbourne Tullamarine Airport – Terminals 1, 3 and 4 are the domestic terminals.
- Avalon Airport – Is a single terminal facility.
The Avalon Airport features a cash machine, free WiFi, a gift shop, and a few dining outlets. The Melbourne Tullamarine Airport has a larger range of facilities, with more shopping and dining outlets, as well as charging points, information desks, free WiFi, ATMs, and a pet hotel.
Arrive at the airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Hobart?
Hobart Airport is the primary hub for Tasmania, with 1 well-equipped terminal.
- Main Terminal – flights from Melbourne will depart from here.
Hobart Airport provides its travellers with VIP lounges, restaurants, shops, and access to free WiFi.
What is the weather like in Hobart?
- Hobart is cooler than Melbourne, with summers sitting at 11-21°C, and the winters averaging 3-12°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Hobart?
- There is no time difference between Melbourne and Hobart.
Is Hobart cheaper than Melbourne?
Hobart is cheaper than Melbourne across most costs, except dining, where you’ll find prices are around 14% higher. Read our travel guide on what to see and do in Hobart.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.