What can I do in Manila?
Visit Rizal Park to kick off your tour of Manila; the park is a popular landmark in the city, and is close to many of the best cultural attractions in Manila. Such as the National Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Anthropology, Natural History and the Planetarium. Then visit Intramuros, a colonial citadel, and tour Fort Santiago.
If you’d like to let your hair down though, you need to make your way to the Manila Bay Waterfront. Shop ‘til you drop at the Mall of Asia, walk along the Manila Bay Promenade, or have a family day at the Zoological and Botanical Garden. Learn about all the other fantastic destinations of the Philippines by reading our travel guide here.
What airlines fly to Manila?
- Fly to Manila on Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways, Qatar Airways, and Cebu Pacific.
When is the best time to book?
- Flights to Manila should be booked 25 weeks in advance for the best bang for your buck.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian travellers are usually granted a stay of 30 days in the Philippines without applying for a visa. Be sure to check the Smart Traveller's advice page on the Philippines for up-to-date information on the conditions of entry.
How long is the flight to Manila?
- Adelaide to Manila – 11.5 hours
- Brisbane to Manila – 10 hours
- Melbourne to Manila – 8 hours
- Perth to Manila – 10.5 hours
- Sydney to Manila – 8 hours
When is the best time to visit Manila?
- January right through to April are perfect months to visit Manila, when the temperature hovers between 26-29°C and the days are dry.
What are the average costs in Manila?
- A cappuccino in Manila costs approximately 120PHP ($3.15).
- The currency is in Philippine Peso (PHP).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Manila Ninoy Aquino Airport is the primary airport for both the city of Manila and the Philippines. Travellers can access free WiFi, foreign exchange services, ATMs, duty-free shopping, dining outlets, and spa services here.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi from Manila’s airport into the CBD costs 600PHP ($17).
- Buses are the other major form of transportation in this city.
Any useful tips?
- Jeepneys are a popular and cheap way to get around the city, as are using ride sharing apps like Uber.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2019
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Manila Ninoy Aquino
Frequently asked questions
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.