Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Brisbane
Flight information Melbourne to Brisbane
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Brisbane last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Brisbane
flights a week from Melbourne to Brisbane
average flight time from Melbourne to Brisbane, total distance 1400 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Brisbane last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Brisbane?
- Jetstar, Qantas, Tigerair, and Virgin Australia, all fly direct routes from Melbourne to Brisbane. There are almost 40 direct flights departing daily.
- The price alert tool can help you save money by informing you when the prices rise or fall on this route.
Which airport do I fly out of from Melbourne?
Melbourne city has 3 airports, but all non-stop flights leave from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. There are 4 terminals at this airport, and 3 operate the domestic routes.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas operates out of this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia operates out of this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Tigerair and Jetstar operate from this terminal.
The domestic terminals all feature restaurants, shops, cash machines, lounges, and access to free WiFi. Travellers can access the terminals on foot, with motorised transfers available for disabled travellers. Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart for Melbourne Airport?
- A valid form of photo-ID is required for all domestic air travel.
- If you are not an Australian national, you may be required to present your passport.
What information do I need to know when arriving in Brisbane?
Brisbane Airport is the primary airport for Brisbane and Queensland. There are 2 terminals.
- Domestic Terminal – All domestic flights are directed to this terminal.
Brisbane’s domestic terminal has free WiFi, ATMs, currency exchange, information desks, lounges, restaurants and shops. Travellers can transfer to the international terminal via the courtesy shuttle. Virgin Australia customers can also use the AirTrain for free; other travellers must pay a $5 fare.
A taxi from Brisbane airport to downtown costs $30, and is typically a 30 minute journey.
What is the weather like in Brisbane?
- Brisbane is warmer and more humid than Melbourne. The summers are usually between 21-29°C and rainy, whereas winters are dry and 11-21°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Brisbane?
- Over the summer during Daylight Savings Time (DST), Brisbane is 1 hour behind Melbourne. During Standard Time (ST), Brisbane is in the same time zone as Melbourne.
Is Brisbane cheaper than Melbourne?
Yes, Brisbane is cheaper than Melbourne, but trends 2% higher for dining costs. In fact, you’ll find that there are plenty of ways to save money in this city.
- Dinner for 2 at a mid-range restaurant will cost about $80.
- A cappuccino in Brisbane city will cost $4.25.
Good to know in Brisbane
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.