What can I do in Dublin?
Start your journey in the City of Literature by touring the grounds of Trinity College. See the Book of Kells, and visit the nearby Yeats Exhibition at the National Library of Ireland. Brush up on history at Kilmainham Gaol, or take it easy at the famous Guinness Storehouse.
During the day, stroll through St. Stephen’s Green or explore Dublin Castle, and in the evening ducking into the pubs of Temple Bar. Read Skyscanner’s guide on the beautiful places you can visit in Ireland.
What airlines fly to Dublin?
- Airlines that fly to Dublin from Australia include Aer Lingus, Etihad Airways, Virgin Australia, Qantas, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, among others.
When is the best time to book?
- Booking flights to Dublin should ideally done about 25 weeks in advance. However, if you can’t plan that far into advance, you can still find some last minute flight deals.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australians passport holders do not need a visa for travel of up to 90 days. For more information, please visit the Smart Traveller page on Ireland.
How long is the flight to Dublin?
- Adelaide to Dublin – 24-25 hours
- Brisbane to Dublin – 24-25 hours
- Melbourne to Dublin – 24-25 hours
- Perth to Dublin – 21-22 hours
- Sydney to Dublin – 24-25 hours
When is the best time to visit Dublin?
- Summers in this city see temperatures around 20°C, with long days, and less chance of rain.
What are the average costs in Dublin?
- A cappuccino in Dublin costs approximately 3EUR ($4.50).
- The currency is in Euro (EUR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Dublin Airport is the main international airport for both the city of Dublin, and the country of Ireland. This facility has bureau de change services, ATMs, duty-free shops, restaurants, pubs, premier lounges, information desks, and access to free WiFi.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi from Dublin Airport into the centre of Dublin costs around 25-30EUR ($38-45).
- Other transportation options include public buses and coaches.
Any useful tips?
- Tipping at restaurants is usually around 10%, but for other services, it is at your discretion, and not necessary.
- If you aren’t renting a car for your stay, make sure you book your train or coach tickets in advance for discounts.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Dublin
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.