Cheap flights from Gold Coast to Melbourne Tullamarine
Flight information Gold Coast to Melbourne Tullamarine
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1328 kilometres
Melbourne Tullamarine and Melbourne Essendon
Direct flights from Gold Coast to Melbourne
Find the cheapest flights
It is easier and cheaper to fly direct usually, but these same carriers can offer connecting journeys if you’d like to include a layover in Sydney (SYD).
Create a price alert with us, and you will get notifications when the rates on this route drop, so you can snap up a flight for a great price.
Gold Coast Airport (OOL) information
· The Gold Coast Airport has one primary terminal, which all transport is directed to.
· From the most central part of the Gold Coast, Surfer’s Paradise, travellers can take a taxi for about $35-60. For door-to-door shuttle services, tickets are priced per head, and come to about $21 for a one-way and $41 for a return. Public transport is also on offer, but it can take much longer to get to the airport. Take Route 777 or 760 from Broadbeach Station, these buses run about every 15 minutes from 7:00am until 19:00pm.
· The Gold Coast Airport (OOL) is one of Australia’s busiest, and comes with a good range of facilities; shops selling cosmetics, electronics and fashions line the airport, and there are lots of excellent food options from salad and coffee bars to chains like Red Rooster. You will also be able to connect to the internet and access cash machines.
· Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL) has lots of facilities, such as restaurants from sit-down dining to fast food outlets, you can also shop in a variety of stores, use the ATMs, consult the tourist information desk, access banking services and the free WiFi.
· From the Gold Coast, you will leave from the main terminal, and you will probably land in Terminals 3 and 4, or Terminal 1 if you are flying Qantas.
Time difference from Gold Coast to Melbourne
· The Gold Coast doesn’t operate on Daylight Savings Time, and Melbourne does, so you’ll find that Melbourne can be on the same time zone as the Gold Coast or an hour ahead depending on the time of year.
· Melbourne has a temperate climate, Melbourne can be cooler on average than the Gold Coast, especially in the winter, but the summers are warm and pleasant with days averaging 25°C.
Expect to pay
· Melbourne is more expensive than the Gold Coast, but you’ll find that the difference is fairly negligible.
· Buy a coffee in Melbourne for about $3.90.
Transportation to city centre
· Taking a taxi into the main part of Melbourne should cost you about $55-65 for the journey.
· If you want to be met with transport when you arrive, you can book an airport transfer to take you to your destination.
· If you’d like to drive, arrange a car at the airport, or reserve a rental car with Skyscanner’s search tool.
Mode of payment
· Australian Dollar (AUD)
· All major credit and debit cards will be accepted in Melbourne.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.