Cheap flights from Melbourne to Manila
Flight information Melbourne to Manila Ninoy Aquino
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 6329 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Manila Ninoy Aquino
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Manila?
- Philippine Airlines operate direct and regular flights to Manila, but you can also fly on connecting routes via Royal Brunei, Qantas, AirAsia, AirAsia X, and Jetstar.
- Learn how to save money on last minute flights by reading our advice page on how to book these 11th hour trips.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Melbourne has 3 airports, but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the sole airport offering direct flights to Manila. This airport has 4 terminals, and is an easy hub to depart from.
- Terminal 2 – this is the international terminal.
T2 features bureau de change services, cash machines, information desks, VIP lounges, a travel agency, a pet hotel, restaurants, cafes, bars, duty-free shops, and public telephones. All terminals are within walking distance of one another.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Manila?
Manila has 2 airports, but the primary airport in the city, and the only one that connects Manila to Australia is the Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport. There are 4 terminals in total.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas, AirAsia, Jetstar, Royal Brunei Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, and Thai Airways fly into this terminal.
- Terminal 2 – Philippine Airlines and AirAsia fly into this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Singapore Airlines, AirAsia and Cathay Pacific fly into this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – AirAsia flies into this terminal.
Terminals 1-3 have comprehensive facilities, with banks, ATMs, restaurants, free WiFi, duty-free shops, retail stores, massage services, a spa, medical services, and day rooms (in T1). Terminal 4 has more limited facilities, but you can access ATMs. There is a shuttle service that runs between all the terminals.
Traffic in Manila is high, so a taxi into town can take longer than expected, but on average between 30 minutes and an hour. A typical taxi fare will cost 700PHP ($17).
What is the weather like in Manila?
- Manila has a tropical climate, so the days fall between 20-30°C during the year. June to October is the monsoon season.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Manila?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST), Manila is 3 hours behind of Melbourne. During Standard Time (ST), Manila is 2 hours behind Melbourne.
Is Manila cheaper than Melbourne?
Manila is cheaper than Melbourne, but about 50-60% on average. Make use of those savings and strike out from the city and discover some of the Philippines’ most beautiful island destinations with the help of our travel guide.
- Dining in Manila, at a mid-range restaurant typically comes to 1000PHP ($24) for 2 people.
- A cappuccino in Manila city costs 120PHP ($3).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.