Cheap flights from Melbourne to Bangkok
Flight information Melbourne to Bangkok
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Bangkok last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Bangkok
flights a week from Melbourne to Bangkok
average flight time from Melbourne to Bangkok, total distance 7358 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Bangkok last month
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Bangkok?
- Thai Airways and Jetstar offer regular and non-stop flights from Melbourne to Bangkok, with several other airlines offering connecting routes.
- Read our guide on how to use our Cheapest Month search, which will show you when the best time to book your flights to Bangkok.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
The city of Melbourne has 3 airports, but Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only one offering flights to Bangkok. This is an easy airport to transit through, thanks to its comprehensive amenities.
- Terminal 2 – is the international terminal for Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
This terminal has amenities that include cash machines, currency exchange services, duty-free shopping, restaurants, public telephones, and free WiFi. VIP lounges are also available. All of the terminals are within walking distance of one another.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Bangkok?
Bangkok has 2 major airports, the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and the Don Mueang Airport. However, only the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport welcomes in direct flights from Melbourne, and you will find that if you’re not taking connecting flights, this is the primary facility for the city.
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport – has one main terminal.
- Don Mueang Airport – has 2 terminals, but you are likely to fly into Terminal 1.
Both airports supply access to free WiFi, full-service banks, currency exchange counters, shops, restaurants, payphones, and lounges. The Don Mueang Airport has a shuttle service that connects its 2 terminals, whilst all parts of the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport can be reached on foot.
Typically, the cost of a taxi from the larger Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport into central Bangkok costs 300-400THB ($11-15) and takes 40 minutes. From Don Mueang Airport expect to pay upwards of 400-450THB ($15-17), with a similar journey time of about 40 minutes.
What is the weather like in Bangkok?
- Bangkok is a warm city, with a tropical mean temperature of 30°C throughout the year. May to October is Bangkok’s monsoon season.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Bangkok?
- Bangkok is 3 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST), and 4 hours behind during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Bangkok cheaper than Melbourne?
Bangkok is a lot cheaper than Melbourne, averaging 40-60% less across dining, shopping, and drinking. If you’re looking for recommendations on where to eat, Skyscanner has a great guide on the best places to dine in Bangkok.
- Eating out at a mid-range restaurant for 2 in Bangkok costs about 700THB ($26).
- Buy an iced cappuccino to cool down in Bangkok for 71THB ($2.70).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.