Cheap flights from Melbourne to Hong Kong
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Hong Kong...
- Wed 11 SepAVVHKGThu 19 SepHKGMELAirAsia X + Scoot TigerairIndirectfrom $423
- Tue 10 SepAVVHKGTue 17 SepHKGMELAirAsia X + Scoot TigerairIndirectfrom $425
- Thu 12 SepAVVHKGTue 17 SepHKGMELAirAsia X + Scoot TigerairIndirectfrom $432
Flight information Melbourne to Hong Kong Intl
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 7429 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Hong Kong Intl
Frequently asked questions
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Hong Kong?
- Several airlines operate direct and regular flights to Hong Kong. These are Qantas, Virgin Australia, Hong Kong Airlines, and Cathay Pacific.
- If you’re on a budget, or just want to save some money, then read our guide on the best time to book international flights.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
It is easy to depart from the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, as this 4 terminal airport is modern and well-organised. There are 3 airports in the city, but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only one operating flights to Hong Kong.
- Terminal 2 – is the international terminal for Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
This terminal has good amenities, including ATMs, currency exchange, public telephones, bars, snack kiosks, restaurants, duty-free shops, and free WiFi. You can walk to every terminal should you need to transfer.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Hong Kong?
The Hong Kong International Airport serves Hong Kong, which is one of the world’s busiest airports. There are 2 terminals at this airport.
- Terminal 1 – is the main terminal for flights from Australia.
Both terminals at the Hong Kong International Airport have excellent amenities. These include executive lounges, cash machines, bureau de change counters, duty-free shops, gift stores, restaurants and bars, a massage and spa service, and a medical centre. A complimentary train service connects the two terminals if you need to transfer.
A taxi to Hong Kong Island will cost you around 300HKD ($48) and take roughly an hour.
What is the weather like in Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong has a warm climate, with summer temperatures averaging 27-33°C, winter ones averaging 12-20°C, and the spring and autumn seasons between 17-28°C usually.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong is 2 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Hong Kong is 3 hours behind Melbourne.
Is Hong Kong cheaper than Melbourne?
Whilst living costs are generally higher in Hong Kong than in Melbourne, you’ll find that dining and shopping are much cheaper. Make the most of the city by checking out its excellent shops, restaurants and attractions by reading our Hong Kong city guide.
- Eating out in Hong Kong at a mid-range restaurant, and paying for 2 will cost 350HKD ($56) approximately.
- A regular cappuccino in Hong Kong city is around 35HKD ($5.60).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.