Cheap flights from Bangkok to Chiang Mai | Skyscanner Australia
Flight information Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai
cheapest return price from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai last month
airlines fly direct from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai
flights a week from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai
average flight time from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai, total distance 596 kilometres
Thai VietJet Air
was the most popular airline flying from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai last month
Travellers will find themselves spoiled for choice along this route, with lots of airlines offering direct and daily routes between Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Look for flights with carriers like Thai AirAsia, Nok Air, Thai Smile, Bangkok Airways, Thai Lion Mentari, Thai Vietjet Air, and Thai Airways. Set up notifications on fare changes with our price alert tool and you’ll be flying to Chiang Mai before you know it.
Bangkok Airports (BKKT) information
• Bangkok has two major airports, the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) and the Don Mueang International Airport (DMK). Both airports link to Chiang Mai, though the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) offers far more routes. You will find access to free WiFi, cash machines, bureau de change services, restaurants, cafes, and numerous shops at both aviation hubs. There are also lounges, medical services and information desks.
• The Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport has one main terminal, whilst the Don Mueng International Airport has two terminals with a free shuttle bus offering transfers between the buildings.
• You will need to bring your passport with you if you are not a Thai national. Otherwise a photographic ID should be sufficient.
• Turn up at least an hour ahead of time for a domestic flight like this.
Chiang Mai Airport (CNX) information
• Chiang Mai Airport (CNX) is the gateway airport for the northern city of Chiang Mai, the cultural heart of Thailand. Though this isn’t a large airport, you can find a VIP lounge here, free WiFi, ATMs, currency exchange counters, a couple of information desks, a few spas, mobile charging stations, a good selection of restaurants, and a healthy variety of shops—including duty-free outlets.
• Two terminals make up this airport, and these are easily traversed on foot.
Time difference from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
• There is no time difference between Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
• Chiang Mai’s average temperatures settle between 21-29°C, so generally you will want to plan your holiday according to the wet and dry seasons. December to March are the driest months, and the wettest months are from May to October.
Expect to pay
• Thai Baht (THB).
• Chiang Mai is a lot cheaper than Bangkok across all costs.
• Tour the city with a take-away cappuccino in hand for 60THB ($2.40).
Transportation to city centre
• You can find cheap transportation with our airport transfer search tools and book your transit in advance, or pick up a cab outside the terminals for around 160THB ($6.30).
• If you’re thinking of driving, it is worth booking your car hire online as these tend to offer the cheapest deals, though there are agencies within the airport too.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of May 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.