Cheap flights from Sydney to Queenstown
Flight information Sydney to Queenstown
cheapest return price from Sydney to Queenstown last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Queenstown
flights a week from Sydney to Queenstown
average flight time from Sydney to Queenstown, total distance 1941 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Queenstown last month
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Queenstown?
- Non-stop and daily flights to Queenstown are operated by Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Qantas, and Emirates.
- Find the cheapest flights available to Queenstown with Skyscanner. Learn how to search for flights over a whole month by reading our whole month search guide
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the premier airport for Australia, and is a well-organised airport with 3 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – is the international terminal.
You’ll find that T1 has currency exchange services, ATMs, restaurants, duty-free shops, airline lounges, information desks, free WiFi, and charging points. For transfers you can take the T-Bus or the AirTrain for $6. This fee is waived if you fly with Virgin Australia or Qantas.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Queenstown?
The Queenstown Airport is a single terminal facility. It is the only hub serving Queenstown, and the local Otago region.
- Main Terminal – all flights are directed here.
Travellers can access cash machines, foreign exchanger services, a couple of cafes, a small duty-free shop, a pharmacy, a bookshop, and free WiFi.
What is the weather like in Queenstown?
- Summers average 21-23°C, and the winters are fairly mild in the township of Queenstown, averaging 6°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Queenstown?
- Queenstown is 3 hours ahead of Sydney.
Is Queenstown cheaper than Sydney?
Dining in Queenstown is more expensive, but for most other costs it trends a little bit cheaper than Sydney. If you’re on a budget, and on a skiing trip, Skyscanner have a guide on how to save money in Queenstown.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.