Cheap flights from Melbourne to Phuket
Flight information Melbourne to Phuket
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 7022 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Phuket?
- Jetstar operates nonstop flights to Phuket from Melbourne, but you can hop on flights with Scoot or Malaysia Airlines and only be subject to one stop.
- Skyscanner’s calendar tool can help you review when the cheapest flights are schedules across a month.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Though Melbourne has 3 airports, for flights to Phuket you will depart from the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. There are 4 terminals at this airport, and they are all easy to transit through.
- Terminal 2 – all flights to Thailand will depart from T2.
T2 has a host of excellent facilities, and these include cash machines, executive lounges, foreign exchange services, restaurants, coffee kiosks, bars, duty-free shops, newsagencies, and even a pet hotel. Travellers will also be able to access free WiFi. Transfers to other terminals can be done on foot.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Phuket?
The Phuket International Airport is the sole commercial airport serving the island of Phuket, and this facility has 2 terminals.
- International Terminal – expect to fly into this terminal if you are departing from Melbourne.
Travellers will find access to free wireless internet, restaurants, duty free shopping outlets, a spa, and a pharmacy. There are also bureau de change services, and cash machines you can utilise.
What is the weather like in Phuket?
- The days in Phuket average 20-35°C, with December to March being the most popular time to visit because the weather is dry and temperate.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Phuket?
- Phuket is 4 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST), and 5 hours behind Melbourne during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Phuket cheaper than Melbourne?
Phuket is around 40-60% cheaper than Melbourne across all costs, meaning sticking to a budget easy on this island. You can save even more money by taking advantages of the island’s natural attributes, and read all about Phuket's best beaches.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.