Cheap flights from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Flight information Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 6345 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Kuala Lumpur International and Kuala Lumpur Sultan Abdul Azziz Shah
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur?
- Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia X operate direct flights to Kuala Lumpur from Melbourne. Qantas and Garuda Indonesia offer connecting routes between these cities.
- If you try searching across a whole month you may find cheap deals around your selected dates, and save money on your flights.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
The city of Melbourne has 3 airports, but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the sole airport operating international flights. This airport has 4 terminals.
- Terminal 2 – is the international terminal, and flights to Kuala Lumpur depart from here.
This airport has lots of excellent facilities, such as bars, fast-food kiosks, restaurants, duty-free outlets, medical services, a pharmacy, VIP lounges, payphones, free WiFi, and information desks. There are also currency exchange services and ATMs. Transfers to the other terminals can be done on foot.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Kuala Lumpur?
Kuala Lumpur International Airport is the major hub for all of Malaysia, and a convenient and modern airport to boot. There is a main terminal and a satellite terminal building.
- Main Terminal – most flights from Australia will fly into this terminal.
This airport features banks, bureau de change counters, ATMs, free WiFi, payphones, internet stations, and a post office. There are numerous restaurants and duty-free outlets, as well as medical services, a fitness centre, and a spa at the on-site hotel. There is an Aerotrain that operates transfers between the terminals.
What is the weather like in Kuala Lumpur?
- Throughout the year, daily temperatures in Kuala Lumpur are typically between 29 and 35°C, but the best time of year to go is January-February and May-August when the weather is driest.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Kuala Lumpur?
- Kuala Lumpur is 3 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST), and 2 hours behind Melbourne during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Kuala Lumpur cheaper than Melbourne?
Kuala Lumpur is roughly 50-60% cheaper than Melbourne, making it an extremely affordable holiday destination. Skyscanner have written a helpful guide on how to save money in Kuala Lumpur, read it here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.