What can I do in the Phuket?
The best place to start your exploring is in Phuket Town, where you will find the majority of the historical and cultural attractions of the island, such as shrines, temples, and museums.
If it is the beaches you have come to explore, you have your work cut out for you, as there are a lot to choose from; Patong is the busiest stretch, with tons of restaurants and entertainment venues. Karon and Kata are a little calmer than their buzzing neighbour, and haven’t yet been taken over by glam resorts. Or book a boat trip out to the Phi Phi Islands, renowned throughout Thailand for their beauty above the water, and below. With excellent dive spots and gorgeous beaches. Read Skyscanner’s guide on the top 10 secret beaches and island around Phuket for a few tips before you fly.
What airlines fly to Phuket?
- Jetstar flies directly to Phuket from Sydney and Melbourne. Connecting routes are operated by Virgin Australia, Thai Airways, and Emirates.
When is the best time to book?
- The best time to book a flight to Phuket is 18-20 weeks ahead of your planned trip. However, if you decide to fly on short notice our last minute booking guide can give you hints and tips on how to find cheap flights at a late date.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian travellers are issued a 30-day visa on arrival, though if you want to stay longer you will have to apply for a visa through the Thai Embassy. For more information, please visit Smart Traveller’s information page on Thailand.
How long is the flight?
- There are direct flights from Sydney to Melbourne, and these flights typically take around 9 hours.
When is the best time to visit Phuket?
- December to March is the best time to visit, when the weather is dry and around 27°
What are the average costs in Phuket?
- Buying a cappuccino in Phuket will cost 85THB ($3.20).
- The currency is in Thai Baht (THB).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Phuket International Airport is the main transit hub for Phuket, and it has 2 terminals. The airport provides passengers with access to currency exchange counters, a few eateries, free WiFi, public telephones, duty-free shops, and an information desk.
How to get from the airport to Phuket?
- Buses are the main public transportation link into Phuket Town.
- A taxi fare typically costs 500THB ($19) and takes an hour.
Any useful tips?
- Please keep in mind that though Phuket is a relaxed holiday destination, if you are visiting temples and shrines you should dress modestly.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2019
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Phuket
Frequently asked questions
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.