Book cheap flights now from Melbourne Tullamarine to Hanoi
Flight information Melbourne Tullamarine to Hanoi
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 7724 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Direct flights from Melbourne to Hanoi
There are no non-stop or direct flights that fly from Melbourne to Hanoi. Most flights will be directed through Singapore (SIN), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN), Hong Kong (HKG), Bangkok (BKK) or Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Find the cheapest flights
To find the best deals with the best carriers, you can sign up to Skyscanner’s
price alerts so you can monitor when the prices rise or fall so you can make the most of your hard earned dollars.
Carriers that operate along this route are Vietnam Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, China Southern, China Airlines, Emirates, Qantas and Hong Kong Airlines.
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MELA) information
· You can access all the terminal of Melbourne Tullamarine Airport via public transport, and transferring from one terminal to another is easily done on foot.
· For $55-65 you can take a taxi from central Melbourne direct to MEL Airport, or for $19 take the efficient Skybus service. There are shuttles that can collect you from your house and take you to your chosen terminal for $18-25, Starbus and VHA run the city shuttle services. Otherwise, you can hop on a public bus, easily the cheapest option at $4, but the slowest method of transport, with an estimated 90 minutes of travel time.
· Melbourne’s Tullamarine Airport (MEL) comes complete with ATMs and banking services, lots of restaurants to dine in, a pet hotel for pups, a currency exchange service, as well as bars to drink in, shops to pick up duty-free items and free WiFi so you can stay in touch with friends and family.
· Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) has a good number of dining amenities if you need some refreshment, decent shopping for any last minute gifts, ATMs, and currency exchange, as well as WiFi available in the duty-free zone of the airport.
· From Tullamarine, all international flights depart from Terminal 2, at Hanoi you will be directed to the International Terminal.
Time difference from Melbourne to Hanoi
· Hanoi is 3 hours behind Melbourne.
· Hanoi can be a lot more humid than Melbourne, seeing temperatures rise to a balmy 28-35°C in the summer (June-August). Spring and autumn can see cooler and drier temperatures, and winter’s daily averages are around 10°C.
Expect to pay
· Hanoi on the whole is much cheaper than Melbourne and you’ll find that the Australian dollar goes quite far in the city.
· A cup of coffee in the city of Hanoi should cost you about 40,000VND ($2.30).
Transportation to city centre
· Taking a taxi from HAN Airport into Hanoi will come to around 320,000VND ($18.50)
· You can take private minibuses, public buses or arrange an airport transfer with Skyscanner so there is someone there to pick you up when you arrive.
· You can also hire a car at the airport, or rent a car through our search tool and secure your booking in advance.
Mode of payment
· Vietnamese Dong (VND)
· There are ATMs everywhere in Hanoi, and generally it is advisable in small shops, for cabs, or in restaurants to use cash. Larger hotels and fancy restaurants will accept debit and credit cards.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.