Cheap flights from Hobart to Melbourne
Flight information Hobart to Melbourne
cheapest return price from Hobart to Melbourne last month
airlines fly direct from Hobart to Melbourne
flights a week from Hobart to Melbourne
average flight time from Hobart to Melbourne, total distance 605 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Hobart to Melbourne last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Hobart to Melbourne?
- Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Tigerair, and Qantas all fly direct and daily flights to Melbourne from Hobart.
- Skyscanner has a price alert system that you can utilise to keep on top of changing fares to Melbourne from the city of Hobart.
How easy is it to depart from Hobart?
Hobart Airport is the largest airport in Tasmania, with 1 main terminal that is easy to transit through.
- Main Terminal – flights to Melbourne will depart from this main terminal.
Within this terminal you will find VIP lounges, access to free WiFi, dining outlets, and shopping outlets.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Hobart?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Melbourne?
There are 3 airports serving the city of Melbourne, but all flights from Hobart are directed to the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, the largest airport in the city.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Tigerair and Jetstar flights arrive in this terminal.
The domestic terminals of Melbourne Tullamarine Airport are well-equipped, with restaurants, bars, snack kiosks, VIP lounges, newsagencies, shops, free WiFi, and cash machines. All terminals are within walking distance of one another.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- Melbourne is warmer than Hobart, with summer temperatures usually between 12-25°C (with odd spikes of up to 40°C), and winter temperatures between 10-20°C.
Is there a time difference between Hobart and Melbourne?
- There is no time difference between Hobart and Melbourne.
Is the Melbourne cheaper than Hobart?
Melbourne is more expensive than Hobart in general, excepting dining costs, which are happily 12% cheaper than in Hobart. You can save even more money if you read Skyscanner’s guide on the best places to stay in Melbourne.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.