Cheap flights from Alice Springs to Sydney
Flight information Alice Springs to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2023 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from Alice Springs to Sydney?
- Qantas is the only airline operating direct flights to Sydney from Alice Springs, but Virgin Australia operates routes connecting through Adelaide, which are just as frequent.
- Read up on the best time to book if you’re looking to snag a bargain the next time you fly.
How easy is it to depart from Alice Springs?
Alice Springs Airport is an important regional hub for this iconic town, and an easy hub to transit through.
- Main Terminal – All flights to Sydney will depart from this terminal.
Travellers will find a licensed café in the main terminal, as well as a gift shop, a well-stocked newsagency, and other handy amenities like free WiFi and cash machines.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Alice Springs?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Sydney?
Sydney Airport is Australia’s premier airport, with 3 large and well-equipped terminals.
- Terminal 2 and 3 – are Sydney’s domestic terminals.
T2 and T3 have a lot of facilities for incoming flyers. There are public telephones, information counters, snack kiosks, restaurants, bars, lounges, ATMs, shopping outlets, and free WiFi. The AirTrain or the T-Bus connect to T1 for a fee of $6, though this is waived if you travel with Qantas or Virgin Australia.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney has a much more temperate climate than arid Alice Springs. Expect summers to hover around 18-26°C during the summer, and winters to stick around 9-17°C.
Is there a time difference between Alice Springs and Sydney?
- Sydney is 30 minutes ahead of Alice Springs during Standard Time (ST), but during Daylight Savings Time (DST) Sydney is 1.5 hours ahead of Alice Springs.
Is Sydney cheaper than Alice Springs?
Restaurants and groceries are a lot cheaper in Sydney, but accommodation is much more expensive, so knowing where to stay will help you save a lot of money. Read our accommodation in Sydney guide here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.