Book cheap flights now from Alice Springs to Cairns
Flight information Alice Springs to Cairns
cheapest return price from Alice Springs to Cairns last month
airlines fly direct from Alice Springs to Cairns
flights a week from Alice Springs to Cairns
average flight time from Alice Springs to Cairns, total distance 1457 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Alice Springs to Cairns last month
Airlines offering Cairns flights from Alice Springs
Travellers can enjoy direct flights and airfares from Alice Springs to Cairns, as well as journeys with 1 or 2+ stopovers. If you’re on the hunt for cheap airline tickets, sign up to Skycanner’s price alerts so that you’re made aware whenever flight pricing changes to allow you to find the cheapest flights. Carriers flying this route include Qantas and Virgin Australia.
Alice Springs airport departures information - ensuring your take-off is a smooth as possible
Alice Springs Airport is located 15km to the south of the Alice Springs township. A range of services are available at the airport including ATMs (both located on the concourse), free Wi-Fi, a post office, public telephones and even chilled water fountains.
If you’re looking into parking at the airport, you can view the various options available here. Parking for up to 10 minutes is free and AUD $22 for 24 hours. If you don’t own a car, you can look into booking a taxi or a private hire car.
Cairns airport arrivals - information to keep handy
Located in Aeroglen, Cairns airport is 7 km north of Cairns’ central business district. Once you land, you’ll find there is a good selection of shopping and dining outlets on offer. Currency and cash services, as well as restrooms, internet and WiFi are available at the airport.
Other important information to note:
● Passport and identification requirements – As this is a domestic route within Australia, no passport is required when travelling to Cairns from Alice Springs. However, you will need to carry photo identification such as a driver's licence, passport or social security card.
● Arriving in time to check-in – When flying domestically, it’s generally recommended you arrive at least two hours prior to the scheduled departure time. While check-in usually closes 30 minutes ahead of departure time, different airlines do have their own deadlines in place, so be sure to check with your individual carrier as to what time you need to arrive at the airport.
● Time difference between Cairns and Alice Springs - For those travelling to Cairns from Alice Springs, be aware that Cairns is 30 minutes ahead so you’ll need to adjust your clocks accordingly.
● Weather differences between Alice Springs and Cairns – Alice Springs is far hotter than Cairns with temperatures reaching the high thirties (celsius degrees) mark in the peak of summer. Tourist season officially starts in April so it’s best to visit during the cooler months if you’re looking to avoid crowds.
● Difference in living costs between Cairns and Alice Springs – Generally speaking, Cairns tends to be cheaper than Alice Springs in terms of food and drink. While an inexpensive meal is likely to cost around AUD $15 in Cairns, the same type of meal could cost up to AUD $5 more in Alice Springs.
Please note: all information is correct as of November 2015.
Find your cheap flights to Cairns from Alice Springs on Skyscanner today - use the search box above to search up-to-the-minute flight prices and specials.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.