Cheap flights from Sydney to Shanghai
Flight information Sydney to Shanghai
cheapest return price from Sydney to Shanghai last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Shanghai
flights a week from Sydney to Shanghai
average flight time from Sydney to Shanghai, total distance 7886 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Shanghai last month
Shanghai Pu Dong and Shanghai Hongqiao
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Shanghai?
- Air China, Qantas, and China Eastern fly daily and direct routes to Shanghai from Sydney.
- Flights to Shanghai count as long-haul flights, and so booking in advance will help you save money. Learn when the best time to book is for an international flight like this with our easy guide.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
The Sydney Airport is the busiest hub in the country, and an easy facility to travel through. There are 3 terminals in total.
- Terminal 1 – is the International Terminal for Sydney.
The International Terminal is great for amenities, with conveniences like free WiFi and public telephones, ATMs, restaurants, bars, currency exchange booths, and information desks. The T-Bus and AirTrain services link all the terminals, and are free-of-charge if you have flown in with Virgin Australia or Qantas. Otherwise, tickets cost $6.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Shanghai?
Shanghai has 2 airports, but the primary airport for international flights from Australia is the Shanghai Pudong International Airport. There are 2 terminals at this airport.
- International Terminal – all international flights are directed here.
The Shanghai Pudong International Airport has banks, ATMs, currency exchange counters, free WiFi access, charging stations, a post office, restaurants, coffee kiosks, bars, duty-free shops, and gift stores. This airport has 2 terminals but these are within walking distance of one another.
A taxi from the airport into central Shanghai will cost you around 150-160CNY ($28-30).
What is the weather like in Shanghai?
- Shanghai has humid summers averaging 32°C, and cold winters of around 1°C. The shoulder seasons are more temperate, at roughly 15-20°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Shanghai?
- Shanghai is 2 hours behind Sydney during Standard Time (ST), and 3 hours behind during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Shanghai cheaper than Sydney?
Shanghai is much cheaper than Sydney for living, dining and shopping costs. If you’re undecided on where to stay, read our guide on trendy neighbourhoods in Asia, including recommendations for Shanghai.
- Dining in a mid-range restaurant in Shanghai for 2 people will cost you about 200CNY ($38).
- A regular cappuccino in Shanghai should cost you 30CNY ($5.70).
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.