Cheap flights from Melbourne to Shanghai
Flight information Melbourne to Shanghai
cheapest return price from Melbourne to Shanghai last month
airlines fly direct from Melbourne to Shanghai
flights a week from Melbourne to Shanghai
average flight time from Melbourne to Shanghai, total distance 8048 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Melbourne to Shanghai last month
Shanghai Pu Dong and Shanghai Hongqiao
Which airlines fly from Melbourne to Shanghai?
- Air China, Qantas, and China Eastern operate direct flights to Shanghai from Melbourne. China Southern and AirAsia X also offer connecting routes.
- Check out our best time to book guide for pointers on how to secure cheap flights.
How easy is it to depart from Melbourne?
Three airports serve Melbourne, but the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is its primary international facility, and all direct flights from Melbourne to Shanghai will depart from here.
- Terminal 2 – flights to Shanghai will depart from this terminal.
Everything you need for international travel can be found here. Cash machines, bureau de change counters, information desks, duty-free outlets, charging points, free WiFi, restaurants, bars, and airline lounges. You can walk between the terminals.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Melbourne?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Shanghai?
Shanghai has 2 airports, and these are the Shanghai Pudong International Airport and the Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, though the Shanghai Pudong International Airport welcomes in more flights from Australia, and all of the nonstop routes. There are 2 terminals at both airports.
- Pudong International Airport – flights will be directed to the International Terminal.
- Hongqiao International Airport – flights will be directed to the International Terminal.
Both airport provide free WiFi, premier lounges, currency exchange, ATMs, duty-free shops, restaurants, information desks, and medical services. You can walk between the terminals of both airports.
What is the weather like in Shanghai?
- Summers in Shanghai are very humid, sitting at about 35°C, whilst the winters are a fairly mild 8°C. The shoulder seasons are the most pleasant, averaging 13-26°C.
Is there a time difference between Melbourne and Shanghai?
- Shanghai is 2 hours behind Melbourne during Standard Time (ST), and 3 hours behind Shanghai during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Shanghai cheaper than Melbourne?
Shanghai is cheaper than Melbourne across all costs, roughly 20-30% cheaper. Take advantage of the cost difference by enjoying the wonderful speakeasy bars and hipster neighbourhoods of Shanghai.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.