Cheap flights from Sydney to San Francisco
Flight information Sydney to San Francisco International
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 11962 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
San Francisco International
Which airlines fly from Sydney to San Francisco?
- Direct flights to San Francisco depart from Sydney on United and Qantas. Connecting flights are via Air Canada, Air New Zealand, and Fiji Airways.
- Skyscanner’s best time to book guide gives you insider knowledge on how to search for cheap flights.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is Australia’s busiest aviation hub, and has 3 well-equipped terminals.
- Terminal 1 – is Sydney’s international terminal.
This terminal has free WiFi, bureau de change services, ATMs, duty-free shops, premier airline lounges, public telephones, and lots of restaurants. The T-Bus and the AirTrain handle the transfers, which are free if you’re flying with Virgin Australia or Qantas, or $6 if you’re not.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in San Francisco?
San Francisco International Airport serves Northern California and the city of San Francisco. There are 4 terminals at this airport.
- International Terminal – flights from Sydney will arrive in this terminal.
There is a full-service bank, cash machines, bureau de change services, there are lots of dining and duty-free shopping outlets, as well as services like a hair salon, children’s play areas, a medical centre, and access to free WiFi. A light rail service links all the terminals.
What is the weather like in San Francisco?
- San Francisco has a cooler climate than Sydney, with summers averaging 19-21°C, and winters dropping to about 7-8°C The shoulder seasons are a pleasant 10-17°C usually.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and San Francisco?
- San Francisco is 19 hours behind Sydney.
Is San Francisco cheaper than Sydney?
San Francisco is more expensive than Sydney, with higher costs in dining, shopping, and accommodation. Enjoy all California has to offer, by cruising down its coast. Check out our road trip guide here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.