Cheap flights from Sydney to Los Angeles
Flight information Sydney to Los Angeles International
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 12074 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Los Angeles International and Hawthorne
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Los Angeles?
- Qantas, Virgin Australia, Delta, United and American Airlines operate nonstop Sydney to LA flights, whilst airlines like Air New Zealand and Korean Air run connecting routes.
- Flights from Sydney to Los Angeles can be really affordable, especially if you are searching for flights across a whole month. See what your options are by using our calendar tool.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Sydney to Los Angeles?
Very easy. Sydney Airport offers daily nonstop flights to Los Angeles with premier airlines, so this is a good airport to depart from if you’re hoping to do some California dreaming. Sydney’s airport has 3 terminals.
- Terminal 1 – all flights from Sydney to LA depart from Terminal 1.
The International Terminal (T1) providers travellers with access to bureau de change counters, duty-free shopping options, ATMs, restaurants, bars, premier lounges, charging stations, and free WiFi. If you’re transferring from T2 or T3, you can take the AirTrain or T-Bus for $6, or for free if you’re a Qantas or Virgin customer.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight from Sydney to Los Angeles is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I fly from Sydney to Los Angeles?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What is Los Angeles Airport like?
Los Angeles International Airport, usually referred to as simply LAX, is one of the busiest airports in the USA. Flights from all over the world are directed here. There are 9 terminals at LAX.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights from Sydney to LA arrive here.
- Terminal 4 – American Airlines and Qantas flights from Sydney to LA can be directed here.
- Terminal 5 – Delta flights from Sydney to LA are usually directed here.
- Terminals 6, 7, 8 – United flights from Sydney can be directed to T6, T7, T8.
- Tom Bradley International Terminal – Qantas flights from Sydney to LA can be directed here.
LAX has comprehensive facilities, and you’ll find currency exchange, duty-free outlets, dining options, ATMs, and unlimited free WiFi throughout the airport. Transfers between the terminals are available free-of-charge with the LAX shuttle service.
What is the weather like in Los Angeles?
- In the summer (June-August) temperatures in Los Angeles are around 25-27°C. In winter (December-January) the days fall between 9-20°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Los Angeles?
- Los Angeles is 19 hours behind Sydney throughout the year.
Is Los Angeles cheaper than Sydney?
What about return flights from Los Angeles to Sydney?
If you’re planning return flights to Sydney, you can click the Return button to view the fares, or go to our Los Angeles to Sydney flights page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.