Cheap flights from Sydney to Rome
Flight information Sydney to Rome
cheapest return price from Sydney to Rome last month
airlines fly direct from Sydney to Rome
average flight time from Sydney to Rome, total distance 16346 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Sydney to Rome last month
Rome Fiumicino and Rome Ciampino
Which airlines fly from Sydney to Rome?
- Flights to Rome from Sydney aren’t non-stop, but there are lots of airlines offering regular connecting and code-share routes. These include Qantas, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways, Virgin Australia, Alitalia, and British Airways.
- Saving money on a long-haul flight means knowing when the best time to book is, and we have a guide on how to book cheap international flights that can help you snag the best deal.
How easy is it to depart from Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the largest hub in Australia, and is a convenient airport to transit through. There are 3 terminals at this airport.
- Terminal 1 – functions as the international terminal.
The international terminal provides services like currency exchange, free WiFi, and access to public telephones, bars, restaurants, and information desks. Linking to or from the domestic terminals is via the T-Bus or the AirTrain. Fares cost $6, or are free if you have a booked flight with Virgin Australia or Qantas.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Sydney Airport?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Rome?
Rome has 3 airports, but the major facility for international flights is the Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport. This airport is the largest in the city, and has 4 well-equipped terminals.
- Terminals 1 and 3 – Most long-haul flights are directed to these terminals.
Terminals 1 and 3 have the most comprehensive facilities in the airport, with duty-free shops, souvenir stores, boutiques, restaurants, coffee kiosks, VIP lounges, full-service banks, ATMs, currency exchange booths, and free WiFi. A complimentary shuttle service links the 4 terminals.
A taxi fare to the centre of Rome is a fixed rate of 48EUR ($72).
What is the weather like in Rome?
- Rome is very hot in the summer, averaging 35°C, with temperate shoulder seasons of 18-25°C, and cool but mild winters of 13°C.
Is there a time difference between Sydney and Rome?
- Rome is 8 hours behind Sydney.
Is Rome cheaper than Sydney?
Rome is cheaper than Sydney across all costs except dining, where it is on average 2% more expensive. Read about the top 10 things you can do in Rome.
- In Rome, dinner for 2 at a mid-range restaurant costs approximately 50EUR ($75).
- A cappuccino in Rome is a cheap and cheerful 1.30EUR ($2) on average.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.