Cheap Flights to Italy
Flights to Italy
Flights to regions in Italy
What can I do in Italy?
Explore Rome, and tour its ancient monuments, like the Colosseum and the Pantheon, or stop by the romantic Trevi Fountain or the Spanish Steps. Spend time in beautiful Florence, and stroll through the collections of Uffizi and Accademia Galleries, shop along the Ponte Vecchio, and tour the Florence Duomo. Wander the romantic waterways of Venice, and duck into the Doge’s Palace and Saint Mark’s Basilica. Shop and dine in cosmopolitan Milan, then see its spectacular Duomo, and book a show at the Teatro alla Scala.
If that’s not enough, wing your way down to the Amalfi Coast for sun and sea, or fly north to Como or Garda for a lakeside retreat. Or depart the mainland altogether and go to historic Sicily or the gorgeous island of Sardinia. Read more about the islands of Italy here.
What airlines fly to Italy?
- Alitalia, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Etihad Airways, British Airways, KLM, Air China, and Qatar Airways all operate long-haul flights to Italy from Australia.
When is the best time to book?
- The cheapest flights usually crop up around 6 months before your intended travel dates, so keep that in mind when you go to book.
What are the visa requirements?
Australian nationals will not need to apply for a visa to enter Italy, and can stay in the country for up to 90 days. However conditions can change and it’s important to double check requirements before departing. Check out the Smart Traveller page on Italy for further details.
How long is the flight to Italy?
- Adelaide to Italy – 23.5 hours
- Brisbane to Italy – 23 hours
- Melbourne to Italy – 23 hours
- Perth to Italy – 20 hours
- Sydney to Italy – 23 hours
*All time estimations for flights to Rome
When is the best time to visit Italy?
- Usually the best time to visit Italy is in the autumn when the heat of summer has lessened and the crowds aren’t as dense. Expect temperatures to hover around 15-26°
What are the average costs in Italy?
- A cappuccino in Italy costs approximately 1.30EUR ($2.15).
- The currency is in Euros (EUR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Italy’s major airports are the Rome Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport, and the Milan Malpensa Airport. Both facilities provide currency exchange services, ATMs, VIP lounges, free WiFi, duty-free shops, and dining outlets.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi fare into Rome from the airport costs approximately 50EUR ($79).
- A taxi fare into Milan from the airport costs approximately 80EUR ($126).
- Rail, metro, shuttle and bus services provide the public transportation links.
Any useful tips?
- A lot of restaurants don’t open until 7:00pm, so be prepared to eat later than usual.
- For a lot of the major attractions it’s worth booking your tickets online and in advance to avoid the long queues.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.