Cheap flights from Launceston to Melbourne
Flight information Launceston to Melbourne
cheapest return price from Launceston to Melbourne last month
airlines fly direct from Launceston to Melbourne
flights a week from Launceston to Melbourne
average flight time from Launceston to Melbourne, total distance 466 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Launceston to Melbourne last month
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
Which airlines fly from Launceston to Melbourne?
- Jetstar, Qantas, and Virgin Australia offer direct flights to Melbourne, and these depart Launceston daily.
- Try checking out our whole month search guide, which can give you guidance on how to look for flights across a larger time frame, so you can find cheaper rates.
How easy is it to depart from Launceston?
Launceston Airport is one of Tasmania’s major hubs, and it has one easy-to-navigate terminal building.
- Main Terminal – all flights to Melbourne will depart from this terminal.
This airport premier lounges, ATMs, free WiFi, a newsagency, cafes, charging outlets, and showers.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Launceston?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Melbourne?
Whilst Melbourne has 3 airports, only the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport sees incoming flights from Launceston.
- Terminals 1, 3, and 4 – function as the domestic terminals.
This airport offers access to shops, restaurants, bars, lounges, free WiFi, information desks, and ATMs.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- Summers in Melbourne are around 25°C usually, but these temps can soar to 40°C occasionally. Winters are cool, typically between 10-20°C.
Is there a time difference between Launceston and Melbourne?
- There is no time difference between Launceston and Melbourne.
Is Melbourne cheaper than Launceston?
Melbourne is more expensive than Launceston, but when it comes to dining, it is actually a lot cheaper. So saving money in Melbourne might just be a matter of choosing the right place to stay. Read our accommodation guide to Melbourne here.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.