Cheap flights from Darwin to Sydney
Flight information Darwin to Sydney
cheapest return price from Darwin to Sydney last month
airlines fly direct from Darwin to Sydney
flights a week from Darwin to Sydney
average flight time from Darwin to Sydney, total distance 3157 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Darwin to Sydney last month
Which airlines fly from Darwin to Sydney?
- Jetstar, Qantas, and Virgin Australia offer nonstop and daily flights to Sydney from Darwin.
- Using Skyscanner’s price alerts system can help you secure the cheapest flights to Sydney going, as we’ll notify you as soon as prices start to fluctuate.
How easy is it to depart from Darwin?
Darwin Airport functions as the primary airport for Darwin, and is an easy airport to transit through thanks to its singular modern terminal.
- Main Terminal – flights to Sydney depart from this terminal.
Facilities provided at this airport include a newsagent’s, VIP lounges, ATMs, charging points, free WiFi, information desks, shops, and restaurants.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from Darwin?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving at Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the busiest airport in the country, with 3 modern and well-equipped terminals.
- Terminal 2 – Serves Virgin Australia and Jetstar flights.
- Terminal 3 – Serves Qantas flights.
Terminals 2 and 3 are the domestic terminals for Sydney Airport, and come with access to ATMs, free WiFi, payphones, executive lounges, restaurants, bars, snack kiosks, information desks, and lots of shops. Transferring to T1 is via the T-Bus or the AirTrain, which both charge $6 for a single fare, but if you are a Qantas or Virgin Australia customer, this fee is waived.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney is much cooler and drier than Darwin, with typical summer days falling between 20-27°C, and winter days settling at about 8-10°C.
Is there a time difference between Darwin and Sydney?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST), Sydney is 1.5 hours ahead of Darwin. During Standard Time (ST), Sydney is 30 minutes ahead of Darwin.
Is Sydney cheaper than Darwin?
Sydney is typically more expensive than Darwin, except when it comes to dining, where it is around 15% cheaper than Darwin. For tips on how to make the most of this city, read Skyscanner's guide to Sydney, where you can learn how to sightsee like a local.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.