Book cheap flights now from Brisbane to Darwin
Flight information Brisbane to Darwin
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2854 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Airlines offering Darwin flights from Brisbane
As they are steady and occur daily, cheap airfares from Brisbane to Darwin are relatively easy to find. Currently, travellers have the option of flying direct from Brisbane to Darwin with other routes including either 1 or 2+ stops. A number of airlines travel this route with the main two being Tiger Airways and Jetstar although Virgin Australia and Qantas do offer a number of flights too.
Brisbane airport departures information - ensuring your take-off is a smooth as possible
Travellers journeying to Darwin from Brisbane should be aware that Brisbane Airport operates 24 hours a day. The domestic terminal for departures is located on Level 2 – keep this in mind so that it’s easy to find your way around the airport once you arrive.
In terms of parking at the domestic terminal, you can book online (all bookings need to be made at least 1 hour prior to arrival at the car park) and for various lengths of time with rates starting from AUD $7 per hour. Parking specials are often available and can be viewed here.
While facilities such as Travelex currency exchange make any last minute money transactions easy to handle, there are also plenty of dining options on-hand if you’re hungry. Shops include Airport Pharmacy and Newslink.
Darwin airport arrivals - information to keep handy
After arriving in Darwin, choose to take the Darwin Airport Shuttle that travels from the airport to all city accommodation locations. Meanwhile, you can also choose to hire a rental car while limited dining and shopping opportunities are available if you need to refuel or try your luck at picking up something you may have forgotten.
Other important information to note:
- Passport and identification requirements – As this is a domestic route within Australia, no passport is required, however, you’ll need to carry photo identification such as a driver's licence, passport or social security card.
- Arriving in time to check-in – It is recommended you arrive at least two hours prior to the scheduled take-off time when flying within Australia. While check-in usually closes 30 minutes ahead of departure time, different airlines do have their own deadlines in place, so be sure to check with your individual carrier as to what time you need to arrive at the airport.
- Time difference between Darwin and Brisbane - For those travelling to Darwin from Brisbane, know that Brisbane is 30 minutes ahead so do adjust your clocks accordingly.
- Weather differences between Brisbane and Darwin – Although Brisbane is a warm climate itself, you’ll notice Darwin is warmer again upon landing. Temperatures in Darwin range from 25°C to 33°C with the wet season running from November through to April, bringing about high humidity levels, monsoonal rains and even storms.
- Difference in living costs between Darwin and Brisbane – The cost of living is typically higher in Darwin for things such as food, drink and housing. An inexpensive meal is likely to cost you around AUD $5 more on average in Darwin as opposed to Brisbane.
Please note: all information (prices etc.) is correct as of October 2015.
Find your cheap flights to Darwin from Brisbane on Skyscanner today - use the search box above to search up-to-the-minute flight prices and specials.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.