Cheap flights to Greece
Flights to Greece
What can I do in Greece?
See Athens, an ancient city that boasts the Acropolis, where you can see the Parthenon temple. Then from Athens you can also travel to nearby Delphi, where you can see the ruins of an ancient Greek settlement.
Indulge in Greek island hopping, and roam the many ruins of Crete, such as the Palace of Knossos whose foundations were laid 4000 years ago. See Santorini, famed for its white-washed towns that cluster along the cliffs of the island. Or for the best beaches, go to Zakynthos, Paxi and Milos.
What airlines fly to Greece?
- The main airline carriers that operate long-haul flights to Greece are British Airways, Qatar Airways, Emirates, Qantas, Virgin Australia, Etihad Airways, and Air China.
When is the best time to book?
- The sooner you book, the better, and we advise that you do so 6 months in advance. Last minute deals are available too; check out our guide with advice on how to find them.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australians for the most part will not need a visa to enter Greece, and can travel around the country for up to 90 days. For regulatory information and the latest conditions, please visit the Smart Traveller page on Greece, or contact the Greek Embassy.
When is the best time to visit Greece?
- Usually late spring and the early summer (April-June) and autumn (September-October) are the best times to visit 20-30°C, when the crowds are lower, but the weather is still warm.
What are the average costs in Greece?
- A cappuccino in Greece costs around 3EUR ($4.50).
- The currency is in Euro (EUR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Athens International Airport is the only aviation facility that welcomes long-haul flights from Australia. This airport has ATMs, information desks, free WiFi, restaurants, duty-free shops, and currency exchange booths.
How long is the flight to Athens?
- Adelaide to Athens – 21-24 hours
- Brisbane to Athens – 22-24 hours
- Melbourne to Athens – 22-23 hours
- Perth to Athens – 22-23 hours
- Sydney to Athens – 22-23 hours
How to get from the airport to Athens?
- A taxi into Athens will cost roughly 35EUR ($53) and take 40-60 minutes.
Any useful tips?
- Try to avoid the northern hemisphere peak season (July-August) when the prices are at a premium.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.