Cheap flights to Vanuatu
Flights to Vanuatu
What can I do in Vanuatu?
Some-80 islands make up Vanuatu, an archipelago that is home to mountains, waterfalls, an incredible underwater landscape, a vibrant indigenous population, and beaches that will take your breath away.
Visit Port Vila, Vanuatu’s largest town, and enjoy its many restaurants, bars and cafes in town. Explore the islands in the archipelago; such as glorious Tanna, which is home to the active volcano Mount Yasur. Go to Pentecost Island where you can see indigenous villages and swim with dolphins. For a perfect stretch of sand, visit Champagne Beach on Espiritu Santo. Read Skyscanner’s top 10 overwater bungalows in Oceania for inspiration on where to book.
What airlines fly to Vanuatu?
When is the best time to book?
- Usually the best time to book for any international flight is 25 weeks in advance. If your schedule doesn’t allow that kind of forward planning, check out our last minute booking guide for advice on how to save money.
What are the visa requirements?
- As long as you have a return ticket booked, Australian travellers are issued 30-day visas on arrival. Please go to the Smart Traveller page on Vanuatu for the latest information.
When is the best time to visit Vanuatu?
- April to October is the best time of year to visit these islands, with average temperatures of 18-28°
What are the average costs in Vanuatu?
- Buying a cappuccino in Vanuatu costs 330VUV ($4).
- The currency is in Vanuatu Vatu (VUV).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Most international flights are directed to the Bauerfield International Airport (VLI)in Port Vila, the capital city of Vanuatu. Though there are a couple of routes also available into the small Santo-Pekoa International Airport (SON) on the island of Espiritu Santo. In the larger airport, you will find 2 terminals with access to WiFi, currency exchange, and a couple of cafes.
How long is the flight to Port Vila?
- Adelaide to Port Vila – 8 hours
- Brisbane to Port Vila – 2.5 hours
- Melbourne to Port Vila – 7 hours
- Perth to Port Vila – 11.5 hours
- Sydney to Port Vila – 3 hours
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi to Port Vila will cost 1000-2000VUV ($12-24) and takes about 15 minutes.
- To Luganville, on Espiritu Santo, expect to pay 600-800VUV ($7-9).
Any useful tips?
- Carry some cash with you, as ATMs can be limited on Vanuatu.
- Tipping is not common, and neither is bartering.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.