Cheap flights to the Maldives
Flights to Maldives
What can I do in the Maldives?
The Maldives, a series of atolls and islands across the Indian Ocean, is a tropical paradise. Spend your days sunbathing on the perfect beaches, diving and exploring the colourful reefs, or indulging in the watersports available here.
On the main island, and the Maldivan capital of Male, you will find plenty of cultural attractions, such as the 17th century Grand Friday Mosque, and the President’s Palace.
Take advantage of the luxurious resorts, world-class restaurants, and the perfect beaches. This is one of the top honeymoon destinations in the world, and there are plenty of things to do here for romancing couples – read Skyscanner’s guide on what to do on a Maldives Honeymoon.
What airlines fly to Maldives?
- There are no direct flights to the Maldives from Australia, but Scoot, SriLankan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Etihad Airways, operate connecting routes to these islands.
When is the best time to book?
- For most international flights, the best time to book is 25 weeks in advance. If you have to book at shorter notice, read our last minute booking guide for tips on how to save money.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian travellers are issued a 30-day visa on arrival, though conditions can change. For more information, please visit Smart Traveller’s information page on the Maldives.
How long is the flight?
- As the flight can involve one or two layovers, the journey typically takes 14-18 hours in total.
When is the best time to visit the Maldives?
- Typically the best time to experience the Maldives is between November and April when the weather is dry and the temperature is about 25°
What are the average costs in the Maldives?
- Buying a cappuccino in the Maldives will cost 40MVR ($3.25).
- The currency is in Maldivan Rufiyaa (MVR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Male International Airport is the primary hub for the Maldives. This airport has 2 terminals that provide free WiFi, VIP lounges, ATMs, currency exchange counters, medical services, a pharmacy, restaurants, and duty-free shops.
How to get from the airport to Male?
- A 10 minute ferry ride connects the airport to Male, and this typically costs 35MVR ($3).
Any useful tips?
- Be aware that many resorts add a 10% service charge and an 8% ‘Goods and Services Tax’, and this may not be shown on their dining and services menus.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.