Cheap flights from the Gold Coast to Sydney
Flight information Gold Coast to Sydney
cheapest return price from Gold Coast to Sydney last month
airlines fly direct from Gold Coast to Sydney
flights a week from Gold Coast to Sydney
average flight time from Gold Coast to Sydney, total distance 677 kilometres
was the most popular airline flying from Gold Coast to Sydney last month
Which airlines fly from the Gold Coast to Sydney?
- Jetstar, Qantas, Tigerair, and Virgin Australia are the airlines offering direct flights to Sydney from the Gold Coast. These flights depart daily.
- Skyscanner has a handy price alerts system, which can notify you when fares look set to rise or drop, so you know the best time to book.
How easy is it to depart from the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast Airport is one of the busiest airports in Australia, and connects the Gold Coast to exciting domestic and international destinations. This airport has one terminal.
- Main Terminal – flights to Sydney will leave from this terminal.
Lounges, ATMs, free WiFi, currency exchange services, shops, information desks, and several restaurants are available at this airport for travellers to use.
Arrive at this airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I depart from the Gold Coast?
- A form of photo-ID is required for domestic air travel.
- Please be aware, that if you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you may need to carry your passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving at Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport functions as the country’s major aviation hub, with 3 well-equipped and modern terminals.
- Terminal 2 – Serves Virgin Australia, Tigerair, and Jetstar flights.
- Terminal 3 – Serves Qantas flights.
T2 and T3 both provide cash machines, public telephones, VIP lounges, free WiFi, restaurants, bars, coffee kiosks, information desks, and shops. If you need to transfer to T1, then you can do so via the AirTrain or the T-Bus for $6, or for free if you are travelling with Virgin Australia or Qantas.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney is a little cooler than the Gold Coast, with summer days seeing averages falling between 20-27°C, and winter ones between 8-10°C.
Is there a time difference between the Gold Coast and Sydney?
- During Daylight Savings Time (DST), Sydney is 1 hour ahead of the Gold Coast. During Standard Time (ST), Sydney and the Gold Coast are on the same timezone.
Is Sydney cheaper than the Gold Coast?
Sydney is more expensive than the Gold Coast, with accommodation prices trending quite high. However, dining is only about 6% higher. To save money, read Skyscanner's guide to Sydney, which gives tips on how to see this city like a local.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.